Valodja

Where to put sump tanks?

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I need help on my Commercial AP project.

In attachment is floorplan for my facility (green are bigger shelfs, red are small-nursery system). In addition i have created how would that looked like.....You can see an entrance, offices, then FT (wich would be in shade, and then area for GB. On the right 8or left) side, u can see small circle and square (drum and bio filter).

If you are wondering why every second panel is missing, it is beacuse one panel is solid and the next (where there is none), will be polycarbonate panel for maximum sun light. You can see in floorpplan (darker and lighter panels configuration).

Now, i want to putt Sump somewhere under whole this, probably under ground, but dunno where and how. RAS in this case goes like this: FT, mech, bio filter, GB (nursery system will be separated from main system).

Hala...69.jpg

Hala...691.jpg

Hala...692.jpg

biljke i ribe_B - primjer izmjene(1).pdf

Hi Valodja

I would place fish rearing tanks and the sump in ground, in a separate room on the north wall of the building (coldest temp C/F requirements)

I would also reduce the number of fish tanks, and make them as large as practical, for the fish harvest, all on a separate loop(s), from the DWC system/room.

cheers

Sepate loop i get. but isnt that tri ht to achive? many valves, pipelines etc? 

For Ft, it could be lagrer, the one o  schematics are 950gallon/3596L, 243cm in diamatere with oxy saturators for each one (small circles by FTs). other option are 1500gallon. place where FT are skeched is suppose to be solid, bick, with good hydro and thermo isolation and open towards GB, but now as you mentoined perhaps it wouldnot be a bad idea to close them or separate from rest of facility.

I was imagining placing the sump under ground between FT and GB shelfs, to reduce the presure on the floor above from GB or FT.

Opinion?

Ande, dunno if you send me once (cant find it now), who in Europe can produce drum filters, water pumps, some sort of watter messurment / control system ( like 02, temp, watter flow probes) , with main control, alarm sirens, sensa phones, air quality systems etc?

7 hours ago, ande said:

Thanks Ande:

We've been looking into 2 items they have, we'll be contacting them soon, after we read the manuals, etc.

From low UV treatment to full water sterilization

This is done by applying ultraviolet light (UV) only to a carefully calculated portion of the water flow in each cycle. It is a common misconception that sterilizing all the water will control the bacterial dynamics in the rearing unit. However, as bacteria grow very rapidly on organic material, sterilizing the water would in fact have a destabilizing effect on the system. By only partially UV treating the water flow, the healthy and useful bacteria from the biofilter are allowed to dominate and suppress pathogenic bacteria. This prevents outbreaks of disease, and thus ensures maximum biosecurity.

Drum filter features

Our new range of drum filters covers all needs for mechanical cleaning in aquaculture production. It is the most efficient way to remove organic compounds from outlet water coming from fish tanks as well as cleaning the inlet water entering the farm. In recirculation aquaculture systems, the purpose of the mechanical filter is to remove organic waste particles from fish and bio-filter to secure a low and stable concentration of organic matter, which will keep performance optimal at all times.

Hi,

As a technical minded person active in the industry I am always interested in new technologies. Thus had a look what the Akva group has in their online add. While it might be good equipment there is nothing new here, uv; partial flow, full flow all has it's place in the aquaculture industry; I use both set-ups often at the same farm in different modules with different aims. Drum filters, again not new and or innovative at all. The new line of hydrotech drums has some interesting features, and seems to get away of rotation on demand, replacing it with slow steady rotation.

As for European build RAS equipment, the best stuff is made here!! (me too but that's not related). If you can't find it you look at the wrong places, look in a aquaculture magazine and you will find lots of stuff. But don't understand me wrong, the fact that it's made there doesn't make it affordable.

My favorite drum filter brand is Faivre (france) build like a tank, last forever but priced accordingly. btw I have a small faivre in my home system for more then 4 years and haven't touched it besides greasing bearings 2X a year and cleaning nozzles with the same frequency.

As for Valodja, I mentioned this before, your plans are big and you seems to be inexperienced, please get a professional opinion before you commit to big spending's, and I don't try to sell myself here as nowadays I live in another part of the world.

Another thing is is that on forums ideas move like waves of fashion, now it's sand beds or dual loop while before it was something else. Many configuration can and will work, if the operator has the skills, motivation, character and financial back-up (if it's commercial).... 

Valodja and ande like this

Hi

There is 27 different Suppliers of RAS technology and equipment, listed in this links list from  http://www.nordicras.net/links

cut/paste :

Links

Consultancies, Info sites, NGO's

Fish feed companies

Managers and fish farmer organisations

Organisations and conferences

Suppliers of RAS technology and equipment

Universities and private and public research institutes

Updated by Anne Johanne Tang Dalsgaard on 15 February 2017

cheers