velacreations

Aquaponics and aeroponics

7 posts in this topic

I came across this pyramid design for an aeroponics setup: http://landarchs.com/totally-new-space-saving-way-growing-crops/

Has anyone ever combined aero with fish? I assume those sprayers need good filters to prevent clogging.

I would like to play with this concept, but the nutrients need to come from somewhere, and I know nothing of homebrew hydro nutrients without fish.

20 hours ago, velacreations said:

I came across this pyramid design for an aeroponics setup: http://landarchs.com/totally-new-space-saving-way-growing-crops/

Has anyone ever combined aero with fish? I assume those sprayers need good filters to prevent clogging.

I would like to play with this concept, but the nutrients need to come from somewhere, and I know nothing of homebrew hydro nutrients without fish.

I have been doing a small trial.. I call it Aquaroponics..so far so good.  

You may want to have a look at it here - http://aquaponicsnation.com/forums/search/?type=all&q=aquaroponics

What sort of issues have you run into?

I really just need some sort of easy input for the nutrients, so fish seem like a good idea, but if there is an easier way without me having to buy a bunch (we don't have hydro suppliers here), it might be easier.

Thinking about this for me, I really just need a nutrient source to test this out. Vermiponics or peeponics would be a good place to start.

On 1/21/2017 at 3:04 AM, velacreations said:

What sort of issues have you run into?

I really just need some sort of easy input for the nutrients, so fish seem like a good idea, but if there is an easier way without me having to buy a bunch (we don't have hydro suppliers here), it might be easier.

Nothing much to highlight on issues.  The aquaroponics system has been running nonstop for over 6 months.  Trialed and harvested many veggies.  I will try to get some pictures.

We also have some trial pots deploying natural hydroponics.  Typical recipe for the nutrients that we use at NARDC in our trials are as under:

1. Fresh or dried dung - one handful (a mix of cow, goat, rabbit, quail, duck, etc. are used)

2. Matured oilcakes - four teaspoonfuls (a mix coconut, groundnut, cottonseed, soyabean, mustard, neem, etc. are used)

3. Miscellaneous (a mix of bone meal, wood ash, seaweed extract, panchagavya, etc. are used)

I hope this is useful for you.

What sort of sprayers do you use? do they clog easily? Do you need a high pressure pump?

How often do they need to run? How much water cycles daily?

On 1/23/2017 at 9:27 AM, velacreations said:

What sort of sprayers do you use? do they clog easily? Do you need a high pressure pump?

How often do they need to run? How much water cycles daily?

Hi Vela (I assume that is your name)

I am using the yellow splitter as shown in below link.  Never clogged, not even once.

Most of your other questions are answered here in this build video.

Edited by vkn
typos (see edit history)
ande likes this