Valodja

Water loss/add

People, 

How much water can be lost in indoor system with constant ait temp. of 20 celsius (from ft, grow beds etc).

Starting amonut of water in system that i am planing is 166.000l.

How much would be monthly loss? 

Hi Valodja,

IMO, the only sure way to find out is to build the system in your conditions and find out for yourself

I think there are to many variables e.g. how much will your plants transpire, the humidity of the area you keep the system in to accurately predict the amount of water loss in your system.

I would be happy if others wish to correct me but that's my take on this question so far

Just a question. Why is it important for you to find out how much monthly water loss would be in your system?

Cheers

Hi Valodja

There is calculators to figure a estimate of water use/loss, but you will have to calculate the separate units use, then add up total.

On 9.1.2017 at 2:04 PM, Valodja said:

People, 

How much water can be lost in indoor system with constant ait temp. of 20 celsius (from ft, grow beds etc).

Starting amonut of water in system that i am planing is 166.000l.

How much would be monthly loss? 

If you look at page 12 in this doc/pdf http://www.fao.org/3/a-i4626e.pdf there is a comparison on water consumption in differente types of RAS given as  "Consumption of new water per kg fish produced per year"

simmilare you will have to look at different types of growbeds and type of crops grown, different types of greenhouses etc.

to get your overall estimate

cheers

edit to add I just made a search on here with the word waterbudget http://aquaponicsnation.com/forums/search/?type=all&q=waterbudget
you might find some answers in those 3 hits as well

Edited by ande (see edit history)

To: bigdaddy

I am trying to calculate how much water would be need to be added due water loss to different reasons, beacuse adding new water also cost, and having such big system as we are planing, water loss from, lets say 3-7% per month (depending on what month in year it is), could be expensive.

Must look into that. Croatia/Varaždin is low to high humidity area, coz' we lay near big lake. Wintes can be cold, but lately it is not colder than -5C, but summer can be up to 35C.

So thats it.

Hi Valodja,

Thanks for the reply, I thought there would be good reason to ask the question.

In that case I think Andes info and links he supplied would be useful to you.

Good luck, I hope it all turns out well for you and look forward to seeing your build thread when you are ready.

Cheers.