Jetson

Aquaponics with extended growbeds

4 posts in this topic

3 IBC continuous circulating tanks. Extended growbeds watered from the bortom to top every 6am once a day...flood and drain.  300 fish, 360 veggies capacity. Covered in 6m x 4.5m tent with clear plastic roofing. Will be covered around with fine net.

20161128_145019.jpg

20161127_172248.jpg

bigdaddy, Old Prospector and ande like this

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 6:07 PM, Jetson said:

3 IBC continuous circulating tanks. Extended growbeds watered from the bortom to top every 6am once a day...flood and drain.  300 fish, 360 veggies capacity. Covered in 6m x 4.5m tent with clear plastic roofing. Will be covered around with fine net.

You have a nice set-up. but you may want to paint the plastic containers a Flat Black first, and then a Flat White. Painting this Black  will block sunlight from growing algae inside. By then painting with white, will keep the water cooler. The reason you want Flat paint, is that they reflect sunlight better than the Gloss paints.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I will try painting one of the tanks first to see how good it will be.

But in my older systems, I never had algae problems.  The pump i use is 1500 ltrs per hour...strong  enough to pump and filter algae in the growbed.  Most time of the day, sunlight is not shining on the fish tank too.  Water is actually almost clear.  The bottom of the fish tank is also clean.

Btw, here a pic of a friend's system.  He didnt have time to harvest....;it became a forest.  He planted snake jasmine nad madre aqua i think.

Forest.jpg

Edited by Jetson (see edit history)