crsublette

What is the difference between iAVS vs. Organic Soil Agriculture?

60 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Old Prospector said:

The students I, coach have been "thinking outside the box". They see the fish tank as the same as a cattle feedlot. But they are not concentrated on the fish, they want the fish waste for Organic farming.

This is precisely what iAVs was developed to be - Organic Farming using fish as a source of manure to fertilize the plants.

People, who dump their fish waste on top of the sand are throwing money down the drain. It's more valuable than the produce they are selling.

What do you mean by "valuable?" Is there a cash market for fish manure that would pay more than what produce can be grown from it? If so, I am seriously interested.

But at the same time they are experimenting with the IAVS system of growing, Bato buckets, Grodan, NFT, etc.

NO, their is no scientific studies going on, there isn't even anyone involved who has a PHD. Their ideas are found thru sitting, observing, reading, and watching some U tube video's.

First: "NO, there are no..."

Second: Is there a database somewhere with the names of everyone to whom this might apply, which includes their educational background and credentials?

Third: Extensive innovation and progress has been accomplished by people without a PhD, so I'm not sure how this is relevant.

Simple drawings, NTS and hashing it out with each other.

WKN, the students say Hello to you. But they also think that you are the least likely to succeed with IAVS.

His screen name is "vkn"; it's three letters; the least you can do is get them right.

Also, vkn is already succeeding with iAVs; the projects in which he's involved are growing vegetables and raising fish in iAVs systems already.

Here is one reason why. Your Raska or whatever you call it tomato. That tomato designed as a field crop, not for Shade or GH growing. Find a GH variety and go with it. What they have seen of Project D so far you are never going to get to your predicted yearly production.

It's called Arka Rakshak and it's been mentioned correctly in dozens of posts. It wasn't "designed" for anything; no plant species will have been "designed" until genetic engineering has developed quite a bit from it's current state. Even if it was selectively bred for open field applications, there's no reason to assume it wouldn't do well in an iAVs greenhouse. If it fails to produce as well as they would like, then I'm sure they'll try something else on the next round. Regardless, failure to reach predicted production for the year would hardly be considered a project failure, especially if the lessons learned from this trial allow significant improvements in the future.

 

Edited by MT Mind (see edit history)
ande likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Old Prospector said:

The students I, coach have been "thinking outside the box". They see the fish tank as the same as a cattle feedlot. But they are not concentrated on the fish, they want the fish waste for Organic farming.

People, who dump their fish waste on top of the sand are throwing money down the drain. It's more valuable than the produce they are selling.

But at the same time they are experimenting with the IAVS system of growing, Bato buckets, Grodan, NFT, etc.

NO, their is no scientific studies going on, there isn't even anyone involved who has a PHD. Their ideas are found thru sitting, observing, reading, and watching some U tube video's.

Simple drawings, NTS and hashing it out with each other.

WKN, the students say Hello to you. But they also think that you are the least likely to succeed with IAVS.

Here is one reason why. Your Raska or whatever you call it tomato. That tomato designed as a field crop, not for Shade or GH growing. Find a GH variety and go with it. What they have seen of Project D so far you are never going to get to your predicted yearly production.

Hi Terry,

Quote

People, who dump their fish waste on top of the sand are throwing money down the drain. It's more valuable than the produce they are selling.

What does this mean?  What should one actually do with the fish waste?

Quote

WKN, the students say Hello to you. But they also think that you are the least likely to succeed with IAVS.

His name is VKN.

Quote

Here is one reason why. Your Raska or whatever you call it tomato. That tomato designed as a field crop, not for Shade or GH growing. Find a GH variety and go with it. What they have seen of Project D so far you are never going to get to your predicted yearly production.

The tomatoes that VKN is using are called Arka Rakshak and, if your students believe that tomatoes that he is using are the reason he's least likely to succeed with iAVS then they probably aren't "thinking outside of the box" as you much as you might have us believe.

VKN has built numerous iAVs systems (and has more coming).....and is arguably the leading practical proponent of iAVs in the world.  While he and I might differ on our respective approaches to some aspects of iAVs, I respect his persistence, tenacity and dedication to the method.

Let me know when your students (or their teacher) have contributed as much to integrated aquaculture as VKN has.

Oops!  MT Mind has already taken you to task on the same issues I raised.  Oh well, the comments bear repeating.

Edited by GaryD (see edit history)
ande likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MT Mind said:

His screen name is "vkn"; it's three letters; the least you can do is get them right.

Also, vkn is already succeeding with iAVs; the projects in which he's involved are growing vegetables and raising fish in iAVs systems already.

MT So sorry I made a Typo.

As to VKN, try to convince him to post pictures of the inside of Project D, then compare the plants to the iAVs video that Gary did at the 3:36 to 3:41 minute.  Pay attention to the right photo and look at the floor, you will notice 2 parallel black lines, the track system at SunDrop farms, strictly chemical fertigated hydroponic system.

Edited by Old Prospector (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Old Prospector said:

MT So sorry I made a Typo.

As to VKN, try to convince him to post pictures of the inside of Project D, then compare the plants to the iAVs video that Gary did at the 3:36 to 3:41 minute.  Pay attention to the right photo and look at the floor, you will notice 2 parallel black lines, the track system at SunDrop farms, strictly chemical fertigated hydroponic system.

And your point is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MT Mind said:

What do you mean by "valuable?" Is there a cash market for fish manure that would pay more than what produce can be grown from it? If so, I am seriously interested.

MT - First answer this. ( This isn't a Trick ?, it's a Marketing Technique, plain and simple. )

How do you get a new customer, the person who consumes your product, which also will become a repeat customer, and refer you to their friends. To drive 40-50 miles one way to purchase a 1/2 case of lettuce or tomato's from the grower himself when they could save money by purchasing the same product locally?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Old Prospector said:

MT - First answer this. ( This isn't a Trick ?, it's a Marketing Technique, plain and simple. )

How do you get a new customer, the person who consumes your product, which also will become a repeat customer, and refer you to their friends. To drive 40-50 miles one way to purchase a 1/2 case of lettuce or tomato's from the grower himself when they could save money by purchasing the same product locally?

Free "dime bag" with every purchase?

Old Prospector likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Old Prospector said:

MT So sorry I made a Typo.

As to VKN, try to convince him to post pictures of the inside of Project D, then compare the plants to the iAVs video that Gary did at the 3:36 to 3:41 minute.  Pay attention to the right photo and look at the floor, you will notice 2 parallel black lines, the track system at SunDrop farms, strictly chemical fertigated hydroponic system.

The mage that the video maker used referred to horticultural greenhouses.  Nowhere was it claimed that they were iAVs tomatoes.  In the same clip, there was also a 45 acre greenhouse complex.  Once again, it was a illustration of scale and not any attempt to suggest that it was an iAVs facility.

Since I (nor any of the other moderators on APN) can delete anything, you must be referring to the post having been hidden. If I hid the post, it was probably because it I identified it as more of the provocative, needling BS that typifies your posting on APN.  When it comes to much of the garbage you post, I have two choices.  One is to get into the gutter with you and play your game (and expose myself to self-righteous rantings) or I can ignore you.  I chose the latter.

So, your point about the video footage is?

Old Prospector and ande like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GaryD said:

The mage that the video maker used referred to horticultural greenhouses.  Nowhere was it claimed that they were iAVs tomatoes.

 

That's what I like about you Gary, You write a article about a subject and blame the video maker for using non-related pictures..

TheDictator likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Prospector said:

That's what I like about you Gary, You write a article about a subject and blame the video maker for using non-related pictures..

I don't recall writing an article about anything related to this.....and I wasn't blaming the video maker for anything.  I was simply pointing out that the pictures (which were relevant to the narration in the video) were not iAVs greenhouses.....obviously!

Let's move on......so I don't have to hide your drivel.

Old Prospector likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now