MT Mind

Missing Text Controls

3 posts in this topic

I may be missing it, but there appear to be fewer options for editing the text in a post or reply.  I think I remember superscript and subscript being available, as well as indenting.  I'm sure there's code I can insert for this, but it was certainly convenient to have in one click.  Also, the links to posts that come in email notifications always send me to an error page if I'm using a mobile device, but that might be my device.

early and mortys like this

Hi MT Mind,

With respect to the missing superscript and subscript options, I agree.

The other thing that I've noticed is that there is no longer an Undo function.

On the positive side, the emoticons are better than with the last version.;)

Gary

early likes this

3 hours ago, MT Mind said:

I may be missing it, but there appear to be fewer options for editing the text in a post or reply.  I think I remember superscript and subscript being available, as well as indenting.  I'm sure there's code I can insert for this, but it was certainly convenient to have in one click.  Also, the links to posts that come in email notifications always send me to an error page if I'm using a mobile device, but that might be my device.

Thanks so much for pointing those out @MT Mind.  The new version of our forum software utilizes a completely new text editor, and by default all those functions were disabled.  I hadn't realized they were missing until you mentioned it.  I added those functions back into the editor toolbar.  Thanks again! :)

2 hours ago, GaryD said:

The other thing that I've noticed is that there is no longer an Undo function.

Thanks also @GaryD for pointing this one out.  I have added this back as well.  Thanks! :)

Take care! :)

early and mortys like this