just joined

have a 1 grow bed system

using gold fish to grow fresh veggies herbs and spices

look to add 2 more beds in the near future

any one else in Mississippi

thanks for the add to the mods

Don sends

Hello wx.  Welcome.

I'm not in MS, but I'm pretty close to you in New Orleans.  I've seen 1 or 2 people introduce themselves from around your area, but they seem to have dropped off.  Glad to have you here.  What does your name mean, btw?  Reminds me of something to do with weather.

wxfreqrs likes this

thanks for replay

and yes weather related wx for weather freq for ham radio and rs for remote sensing

we had a deris of weather stations set up throughout s ms and collected the data by highspeed wireless ether net for dissemenation to the NWS in Newl Orleans and local users 

Katrina wipe out most of them and other things assisted in the demise of the system

craig1267 likes this

Wx, that sounds like an awesome project.  I've experimented some what software defined radio, decoding AIS packets from ships, POCSAG pager data, and doing some UHF and VHF listening.  I'm a software engineer, both professionally and as a hobby since I like it.

I also, like you and all of us here, into some form of aquaponics or hydroponics.   Have you been a gardener or small farmer before getting into aquaponics?

wxfreqrs likes this

as a child i live on about 3 acres in the country and we ha about half that in a garden , it provided for us and dad sold some at the local grocery store

i then left home and did my thing

i retired in may and my fried has a small system, 1 grow bed and a ebb and flow system attached and we are looking for information and others that do the same thing

we are going to attach 2 more grow beds and a couple small rafts this summer and see where it will go

plan right now to grow some lettuce, herbs spices maybe do a couple test grows and then see if there is a market for it

thanks for the warm welcome looking forward to going thru all the info here and contributing some also