Ryan95

Beginning microponics.

Hi R95

I think you have to lay out your space available, including water resources, climate details, ..........................etc.

Maybe read this http://aquaponicsnation.com/forums/topic/1404-my-pilot-project-francois/  and Lukes differente threads.   

they are located  in south Africa, http://aquaponicsnation.com/forums/user/2084-lukeboshier/

cheers

Edited by ande (see edit history)

I live on just over one acre of slightly sloping land. The daytime temps in summer can be as high as 40C but the average is in the mid- to high 30s and the high 20s. Night temps of the mid- to low teens and even low 20s. Winter day temps are in the low- to mid 20s and mid- to high teens. With occasional temps of 10C-12C. At night in winter it offten goes down to single digits some times zero or lower. We have had frost here before. Water would be from the mains but I want to get big rain water tanks and to set up mist catchers to collect water for my system. I'll be sure to go check out those threads. Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions oriented towards doing a microponics system in Florida. Growing anything around here can be tricky. I live on the Gulf Coast. We have unpredictable weather, enormous bugs, numerous fruit rats, and horrible soil. I have done a lot of different types of farming and sustainable living projects here. There has to be an easier way.

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

Dan Jerome

Palm Harbor, Florida

Dan,

I second what Ande said.  Start a thread.  I live in New Orleans with a similar climate most likely, and I have what you might describe as a microponics adventure in my back yard.  I'd be happy to share some information with you.