vkn

Our experiments with IAVS..

831 posts in this topic

With Koi Carps 2000 fingerlings, ISKCON Aquaponics and CSAF Madurai had gone live the day before yesterday.

This is the first time we are trialing Koi Carps in aquaponics sand culture considering/selecting this fish primarily from a horticulture perspective based on ISKCON beliefs.  To know more about what ISKCON does, their beliefs, world-wide presence, etc. here is a link.  http://www.iskcon.org/

However, we have got a buy-back offer in staggered harvest from its supplier for distribution to aquarium/ornamental retail fish industry.  This is only a prototype.  If all goes well, we would soon be witnessing one of the largest commercial installations in several acres scale (between 100 and 1000 acres) in Madurai, Tamilnadu.  Wish us luck!

Koi carp in ISKCON Aquaponics (2).jpg

Koi carp in ISKCON Aquaponics (3).jpg

Koi carp in ISKCON Aquaponics.jpg

We are nearing the climax of papaya yield trials in aquaponics sand culture.. here is a picture for you.

Papaya in Aquaponics Sand Culture 211018.jpg

they are looking great and sure juicy,

please let us know how they taste compared to soil grown ones.

I gave some imported peppers a try but most of my 'immigrated' chilies (beside the Thai ones) had no fire at all, the taste was blunt and waterish.  

The youth are the future of a food-secure world. Yet around the world, few young people see a future for themselves in agriculture or rural areas. Urban and rural youth face many hurdles in trying to earn a sustainable livelihood. Attracting and retaining youth in agriculture has been a key challenge for several decades. I can now confidently assert that aquaponics sand culture (iAVs) is a concrete solution to these issues by both rural and urban adoptions.

Young Aquaponics Operator at TNJFU Aquaponics Research Complex.jpg

Aquaponics PHd Scholar at TNJFU Aquaponics Research Complex.jpg

I was with these young people now taking care of the TNJFU Aquaponics Research Complex, Madavaram, Chennai. They are into doing several things under the excellent direct leadership of the VC of TNJFU and the guidance of the Dean and Professors of Dr. MGR Fisheries College & Research Institute, Ponneri; adding the second batch of fish next week, new plants coming up nicely, battling some pest issues, and most importantly gathering so much data from their direct field experience.

Data + Aquaponics - what a novel concept! Hope Mark would say WOW again..

Hi VKN,

"Data + Aquaponics - what a novel concept!"  It's novel concept indeed...and one that Mark would welcome it in particular.

I can promise you, of all of the things that Mark might say, WOW is not one them.

*Moderator Edited Post - Toga*

Edited by Toga
Pursuant to Moderator Discussions (see edit history)

Public Notice

The Aquaponics Nation Administration & Moderation Team have now permanently locked this thread.

We have taken this action due to ongoing violations of APN forum rules regarding member participation and advertising practices.

The APN Team wish to thank all members for their contributions, and wish all the best to VKN.

Thank you
Aquaponics Nation Administration & Moderation Team

Edited by Toga (see edit history)