vkn

Our experiments with IAVS..

729 posts in this topic

Raising fresh fish is like growing your own food or a cash crop.. you do not need several tens of acres. For today's dinner..

Here is one of our own nile tilapia Chitralada stain babies from the domesticated brood stocks. Nursery rearing helps ensuring consistent production of fry and fingerlings. It is about 4 to 5 months old, now a plate-size fish weighing 250+ grams.

Nile Tilapia Chitralada Stain.jpg

Papaya in aquaponics..

We recently began this commercial yield trial of hybrid red lady papaya in aquaponics sand culture at Nanniode.

Red lady papaya in aquaponics 160218.jpg

Twenty papaya seedlings were added in this first trial at a diagonal spacing of 1.2 m x 1.8 m. No changes in the irrigation events or sequences. They are now in matured and established 2-year-old sand filters. They should be ready to harvest during next Ramadhan period and continually for the next 2 years thereafter. More later.

Hi vkn 

Thanks for your continuous pics & reports, I really enjoy following your IAVS chronicles :bow:

cheers

vkn likes this

3 hours ago, ande said:

Hi vkn 

Thanks for your continuous pics & reports, I really enjoy following your IAVS chronicles :bow:

cheers

Good to hear from you, Ande. A special thank you for following along! 

Chronicling is easy.  Hope it serves a purpose or maybe not.. I am still in here.