vkn

Our experiments with IAVS..

707 posts in this topic

@vknthanks for your kind replay,

Yes I am the  same one who is following you on FB:)

For the last 3 years I have been  spending more time on net  to undestand   AP. i think,  sharing  one's  knowledge  with a group of  people who are also interested in the same will be more beneficial  .So by creating  the posts about AP on that FB group,i  am trying to crate  some constructive discussions rather than teaching .

Edited by SADASIAS (see edit history)

7 hours ago, SADASIAS said:

@vknthanks for your kind replay,

Yes I am the  same one who is following you on FB:)

For the last 3 years I have been  spending more time on net  to undestand   AP. i think,  sharing  one's  knowledge  with a group of  people who are also interested in the same will be more beneficial  .So by creating  the posts about AP on that FB group,i  am trying to crate  some constructive discussions rather than teaching .

I wish you all the best.  Three years is a long time.  I am sure you may have learned quite a bit.  Dont you think it is high time you apply your knowledge gathered, start an aquaponics system for yourself and then share your experiences.  What is stopping you in starting a small unit for yourself?

Edited by vkn (see edit history)
SADASIAS likes this

On 9/14/2017 at 7:59 AM, vkn said:

I wish you all the best.  Three years is a long time.  I am sure you may have learned quite a bit.  Dont you think it is high time you apply your knowledge gathered, start an aquaponics system for yourself and then share your experiences.  What is stopping you in starting a small unit for yourself?

@vkn for the last 6 years i have been working in Saudi Arabia.If things goes as planed by next year i wll back to home and start my own system 

vkn likes this

6 hours ago, SADASIAS said:

@vkn for the last 6 years i have been working in Saudi Arabia.If things goes as planed by next year i wll back to home and start my own system 

You seem to be following a path that is typical for many of your countrymen.  In the recent past, I've communicated with a number of Indian people who work in the UAE and who are looking to do iAVs back in India.

Good luck with your endeavours.

Received this from Team Circle of Life Aquaponics, Chennai.   I hope you all would like it.

They are now 4 months old and their best stories are yet to come.. Let us wish the team all the best!

And this Weekend high from Chennai!

Sweetcorn in Aquaponics.jpg

In their own words, "The first ever trial of corn in Circle of Life Aquaponics is a success. This is the first harvest, 20 mins ago. Amazingly perfect golden sweet corn. Weight of this ear of corn is 340 gms."

GaryD likes this

@vkn This is an impressive list of projects and good innovations. 

I have only recently stumbled across aquaponics and iAVS (took me a while to understand the differences) ! These seem to be the need of the hour in water scarce countries like India which have helpful climate to grow all year round, provided the right techniques are applied. 

I am closely related to a NGO in Hyderabad, India which shelters orphans and victims of domestic abuse, human trafficking and social abandon. They currently take up seasonal activities like handicrafts for festival seasons, to sustain their living. I am proposing this system for them to grow their own produce and sell any surplus to aid their livelihood. I have researched a bit on the availability of quartz sand in their area which is positive. 

I will be visiting India for 40 days from Nov to Dec 2017 during which I will setup a small scale 40sq.m. system for them to try out. If it works out, I plan to help them setup the system on their premises and their branches nationwide. You are an inspiration to learn from !! Thanks a lot for posting the updates for the younger generation to get inspired :) 

ande likes this