vkn

Our experiments with IAVS..

708 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Thought you might like this panoramic photo of 'circle of life' project @ Honeyland Aquaponics Sholinganallur, Chennai. This is what we could complete in about 10 days and where we are as of today. Click/zoom to enlarge and move around.
Circle of Life 031917.jpg
Edited by vkn (see edit history)
GaryD, ande and MT Mind like this

Hi vkn

Is the video available any other place than on FB ?

I'w tried to watch it, but not being on FB  it seems impossible.

cheers

5 hours ago, ande said:

Hi vkn

Is the video available any other place than on FB ?

I'w tried to watch it, but not being on FB  it seems impossible.

cheers

I am sorry Ande.  Not done yet.  I have several video clips.. will collate one for you.

ande likes this

For lunch today..assorted red/green amaranth and bottle gourd from our Easy trial systems.  

Chinese potatoes are on second yield trial with spacing and feed rate changes.

FB_IMG_1495618474966.jpg

FB_IMG_1495618483173.jpg

FB_IMG_1495618493562.jpg

Bllooming Innocence water lily in Aquaponics koi sump tank.. With pure white petals, it stands high above the water.

INNOCENCE 260517 2.jpg

Innocence 260517 (2).jpg

Innocence 260517.jpg

@Circle of Life Aquaponics, Chennai

bcotton likes this

Someone wanted to see the root of a plant growing in aquaponics sand culture..here is a portion of it.

IMG_20170528_092456.jpg

IMG_20170528_092359.jpg

Posted (edited)

JFYI.. We at NARDC are celebrating our fifth anniversary of micro-focusing on aquaponics tomorrow.  

Here is sharing with you a banner we made for the day, hoping someone reads this at our forum.  

NARDC banner June 3 2017.jpg

I would like to thank you very much for having me here.  Your feedback is highly appreciated; it will help us to improve our ability to serve others in India.

Kind regards, vkn

Edited by vkn (see edit history)
ande likes this

FYI..Our Malaysian Aquaponics dreams might come true soon..Just received the completed paperwork, signed NDA document, etc. as part of the due diligence.  Anyone from Malaysia here in our forum?

FB_IMG_1496801388573.jpg

FB_IMG_1496801388573.jpg

What is your Malaysian aquaponics dream, VKN?

Snakehead in Aquaponics 190717.jpg

Snakehead in Aquaponics 190717 (2).jpg

For lunch today..

Here is a one-year-old snakehead fish from our aquaponics system at Nanniode. This is part of the second yield trial we began an year ago.

ande likes this

Rooted plant cuttings.. This is the first time we trial Stevia rebaudiana plant in aquaponics sand culture..  

Stevia.jpg

VKN,

Am new to this forum and reading all the good works you're kindly sharing about IAVS 

Please kindly direct me to any latest update/site on IAVS

The information on IAVS is very few/not comprehensive for people to appreciate the simplicity/efficiency of this system and virtually no good videos to encourage and support new comers, I thinks that's where aquaponics has gotten an upper hand and popularity over IAVS.

I appreciate everyone who is kind enough to share their practical experience and information, if the information is out there people will follow

Hi Nsidibe

55 minutes ago, Nsidibe said:

Please kindly direct me to any latest update/site on IAVS

The information on IAVS is very few/not comprehensive for people to appreciate the simplicity/efficiency of this system and virtually no good videos to encourage and support new comers, I thinks that's where aquaponics has gotten an upper hand and popularity over IAVS.

I appreciate everyone who is kind enough to share their practical experience and information, if the information is out there people will follow

If you go to the dowload section http://aquaponicsnation.com/forums/files/

You will find all the original docs on iavs, if you are looking for "recent" or "new builds" you will find some in the members system section you can also use the  advanced search function and use tags (search words) like iavs, sandbeds, sandfilter ...................

Also you can go directly to the iavs web site http://iavs.info/

cheers

VKN,

6.  I can't 'speak for' anyone else, but I would be very appreciative if in addition to your photos and video posts that you also included operational parameters and performance data as available.  For example, what is the irrigation schedule used and volume (or % of tank vol)  moved per event, number of tank exchanges per day, feed input rate (averaged over a 3-4 month crop cycle), et al. 

[vkn]I am making a note of this and shall address such stuff that matters in the future posts.  At times I feel my posts here are monologues and there are no interesting questions/responses from the audience, trolls aside.

IAVS as at today is not very popular and not many people are aware not to mentioned having any knowledge, as a person I was directed to this system from this site some days ago and I've practically spend hours searching the internet for more information with very limited result if not from APN.

So please continue with your information sharing but don't expect much response or contributions as the people are not just there, but as more people access quality practical information like yours and video-(which is more informative on step by step how to do) they will see the advantage and simplicity of this system over gravel/DWC aquaponics and the community will continue growing.

Now they have me, one added to the community and will soon start posting my practical experience 

If you go to the dowload section http://aquaponicsnation.com/forums/files/

You will find all the original docs on iavs, if you are looking for "recent" or "new builds" you will find some in the members system section you can also use the  advanced search function and use tags (search words) like iavs, sandbeds, sandfilter ...................

Also you can go directly to the iavs web site http://iavs.info/

cheers

Thanks for guiding me through it was a big help 

Working on a new project this month.  Build area is 400 m2.  Rain/sun shelter protected cultivation to boost sustainable year-round aquaponics food production is a low-cost alternative to greenhouse/polyhouse farming in India.  Here is a picture update.

FB_IMG_1501742614017.jpg

FB_IMG_1501742622915.jpg

4 hours ago, Nsidibe said:

VKN,

6.  I can't 'speak for' anyone else, but I would be very appreciative if in addition to your photos and video posts that you also included operational parameters and performance data as available.  For example, what is the irrigation schedule used and volume (or % of tank vol)  moved per event, number of tank exchanges per day, feed input rate (averaged over a 3-4 month crop cycle), et al. 

[vkn]I am making a note of this and shall address such stuff that matters in the future posts.  At times I feel my posts here are monologues and there are no interesting questions/responses from the audience, trolls aside.

IAVS as at today is not very popular and not many people are aware not to mentioned having any knowledge, as a person I was directed to this system from this site some days ago and I've practically spend hours searching the internet for more information with very limited result if not from APN.

So please continue with your information sharing but don't expect much response or contributions as the people are not just there, but as more people access quality practical information like yours and video-(which is more informative on step by step how to do) they will see the advantage and simplicity of this system over gravel/DWC aquaponics and the community will continue growing.

Now they have me, one added to the community and will soon start posting my practical experience 

Nsidibe, hearty welcome to APN and to my thread here.  Time has become the scarcest resource to me these days.  So many things to do and so little time..

My suggestion would be to ask lots of questions and participate in the forum discussions.  Who has the time to read and reply lecture kind of questions.  Ask one question at a time?  Or, two if they are related.  Not more than that at any given time. Having your own thread at APN to share your practical experiences would greatly help you and others too.  I wish you all the best.

Vkn,

You have done such a great work and your practical knowledge in commercial iAVs is priceless.

The information you offer (I have read all the threads) is highly appreciated by me, thank you for showing it is possible.

I notice in all your shade house there is a blue net like material under the cover material, is there any particular reason or need for that?

Earthen aquaponics is in the making at Thodupuzha..Thodupuzha Aquaponics 070817.jpg

Both the floor and side walls of these aquaponics sand biofilters are being made of native earth. An another replication of NARDCs low-cost commercial aquaponics build design, considering the labor costs alone for the construction, we accomplish a significant development cost savings in this project as well.

Here is a picture. More later. We haven't given it a business name yet.. Any suggestions are welcome.

Nsidibe, ande and SADASIAS like this

The sincere point of sharing your practical experience is great, am following to hear and see another of your success story and learning every bit

4 hours ago, bigdaddy said:

Hi VKN,

Are those bed walls made from clay?

Cheers.

Not really clay, they are dug up and shaped using the same native earth.

SADASIAS and bigdaddy like this

@vknmay i know the system specification  sir? like volume of FT ,SF and density.what is the length of one  SF? 

Edited by SADASIAS (see edit history)

On 9/7/2017 at 8:06 PM, SADASIAS said:

@vknmay i know the system specification  sir? like volume of FT ,SF and density.what is the length of one  SF? 

Arun, aren't you the one who is also following my FB profile and FB group?  Good to see you choose to asking questions here.  I have also read your recent aquaponics 'teaching' bouts at FB which is interesting.

Volume to volume is about 1:1.5.  Starter stocking density for tilapia I follow in my projects is as usual 100 fingerling fish per 1000L.  I am currently traveling and do not recollect the exact length of this biofilter.  I guess it is about 14 meters or so.