kellenw

What have you harvested lately?

63 posts in this topic

In our swamp live frogs crawfish fish and other aquatic life that all is occasionally harvested and eaten. So guess when we do you the water and the soil from our swamp areas it's a form on Ap. Posting now today's harvest after given away half bushel of squash already on Facebook now . The quantity for just two rows in unbelievable! Over 4 bushels over cucumbers alone and atleast 2.5 bushels of squash and we pick almost daily.😃

Edited by MikeRich (see edit history)

Picture is on Facebook one day harvest off of just one row of squash and one row of cucumbers maybe this is a record. pull bushels daily from these rows . Get ready because the okra peas corn and sweet potatoes may be equally productive. Try to send a link .

This is meant as a brag. I harvested record numbers bitter melon, had to give them away there was so many. Also my pepper plants are full. My spices are busy and need constant thinning. I have cucumbers towering into the sky ready for the pickling jars, I may need more jars. This is much better than swampaponics. Lol (sarcasm?)

On a more serious note I did pickle string beans recently and I have to say at first I thought it was silly but they actually came out pretty good. I spiced some of them up with a piece of ghost pepper I grew and it gave them just the right amount of kick.

Edited by Strider (see edit history)
ande and MT Mind like this

The problem I'm having with pickling is the amount a jars and space needed. I'd rather pickle in a barrels or drums if possible so i can do bushels at a time. Today we are clearing area for greens especially collards for later harvest. Fruits such as pear figs plums grape blueberries and more are near ready and producing lots of fruit. You wanna see melons I got that too and cantaloupe plenty. Today for dinner we eating fried okra squash also corn cucumber and deer burgers all from out garden or had been eating on our garden.some picture already guess post them on Facebook. We got rain coming our way luckily corn needs it.

I posted on MySpace pictures of our lands fruit diversity potential and abundancey of water. Ponds creeks springs streams wells swamp areas all can be found on my land teaming with natural life . Although a took a lot of pictures still need take more to show true size diversity and potential of my property. More pic otw hope u guy check them out Myspace page is MikeRich

Hi Mike,

I had a brief look at some of your photos.....more later!

The link to Mike's page....click HERE.

Lots more pictures added today I believe one of my betta videos loaded too. My betta line can change color in light halfmoon crowntail cross with fin combo. No one today has heard of a breed of betta that can do this but my line can and I'm really good at designer breeding aquatic animals.

The problem I'm having with pickling is the amount a jars and space needed. I'd rather pickle in a barrels or drums if possible so i can do bushels at a time. Today we are clearing area for greens especially collards for later harvest. Fruits such as pear figs plums grape blueberries and more are near ready and producing lots of fruit. You wanna see melons I got that too and cantaloupe plenty. Today for dinner we eating fried okra squash also corn cucumber and deer burgers all from out garden or had been eating on our garden.some picture already guess post them on Facebook. We got rain coming our way luckily corn needs it.

I feel ya brother! I was going to use an IBC for mine...

Lots more pictures added today I believe one of my betta videos loaded too. My betta line can change color in light halfmoon crowntail cross with fin combo. No one today has heard of a breed of betta that can do this but my line can and I'm really good at designer breeding aquatic animals.

Looked at the pics, nice harvest Mike! 

Yall ain't seen nothing yet lol but thank you greatly 😀my grandfather and horticulture teacher would be proud. Starting to think some people actually have green thumbs. 😃😃ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

Picked fist batch of the new peas today this varietys pods grow over foot long posted picture on Facebook when I gt better lighting I'll show you guys how full the rows are. Ate blueberries and strawberries homegrown today too. 😃

Cucumbers pea squash combo in field production was more than 200% than expected. Soon one or two weeks or less cucumbers and squash with be blowed into soil and more double the amount as last time will be planted mainly for profit and maximizing production of this area.I should pick 50 plus bushels or more by end of August just in this one area alone of our property.😃We pick a bushel of peas cucumbers And squash again today plus lots of blueberries.

Hi

This time of the year again :thumbsu:

1505666508309.JPEG.jpg

My Daughter got her first buck this year :goodjob:

2017-08-12_09-33-38_679.jpg

And I had to take out a moose cow that had broken her leg, just 5 days before opening of moose season

1506005867216.JPEG.jpg

Glad she was found and put out of her misery, max 1-2 houers after she was hurt, so she didn't suffer/die over a long time, and all the meat was still 100% :thumbsu:

cheers

1506005865841.JPEG.jpg