GaryD

Dr Paul Olivier

I am green with envy over the fact that you are going to Vietnam. I have tried to think of something practical for you to discuss with Dr Paul, it is no use, I just keep thinking " :notfair: that lucky sod will be in Vietnam in a few weeks"

Very cool, Gary! Give my regards to Dr. Olivier, I've been a fan for years. He's a really nice and helpful person, and I'm sure it will be awesome to see these systems first hand.

Enjoy your trip, and takes note, photos, videos, anything you can!!!  I can't wait to see the results!

Will do, Abe.  I agree......he's a gentle, sofly spoken man but with a passion for enhancing the lives of Vietnam's poor.

This entire trip is about integrated natural farming so you can count on the photos.  My brother rears cattle on a small farm.  Farms in Indonesia can be on what we understand to be house blocks.

I am green with envy over the fact that you are going to Vietnam. I have tried to think of something practical for you to discuss with Dr Paul, it is no use, I just keep thinking " :notfair: that lucky sod will be in Vietnam in a few weeks"

Never mind, you'll get to know what I learn from the trip.  

Something that Paul revealed during a recent conversation was that there is no single place anywhere in the world currently that all of his integrations/ideas are in play.    I hope to change that in the coming months.

Yahoo, if you'd like me to ask any particular question, I'd be happy to pursue an answer for you.  Indeed, I extend the same offer to our other members, too.  If you've read Dr Olivier's working document, and you still have unanswered questions, feel free to post them in this thread and I'll ask them on your behalf.

At this stage, I'm due to fly out of Australia on 10th September.

Gary

Edited by Gary Donaldson (see edit history)

It's a long time since I travelled overseas.....and I had forgotten the amount of nonsense and paperwork that's required to fly in and out of various countries.  I have ten flying legs for our upcoming trip.....for just three destinations.....and I have a growing mountain of paperwork connected with the trip.

I fly from one side of Australia to the other....before I even embark on the overseas legs of the journey.  Just thinking of the flying time is making me yawn....but I'm  also becoming excited at the prospect of meeting with Paul Olivier.....and seeing how natural farming works in Vietnam and Indonesia.

I wouldnt mind hearing his view about how he sees a local community network is built up and what alternatives there are to pelleting for sinewy and woody material.

Looks like you will have a head wind, if the plane is on the south track to Perth I will give you a wave on the way over. Have a good trip

Edited by yahoo2 (see edit history)

I wouldnt mind hearing his view about how he sees a local community network is built up and what alternatives there are to pelleting for sinewy and woody material.

Hi Yahoo,

Paul is fond of farmer cooperatives where the co-op supplies (for example) piglets to participating small-holders to grow out.  The co-op provides the piglets and anything that they need (other than food) and takes the pigs back when they are ready for processing and sale.  He has similar business models for aquaponics, etc.

The important thing with gasifier feedstock is that it be of a consistent size (so that it burns evenly in the gasifier.  Pelleting achieves this but it can also be achieved by sifting it into various sizes.

Gary

Edited by Gary Donaldson (see edit history)