TheDictator

plant nutrients in ap vs organic soil gardens

9 posts in this topic

Anyone seen any papers comparing plants nutritional content? organic soilgrown veggies compared to AP grown veggies?

Ocassionally you see some data... but in the end there's nothing to suggest that AP grown veggies have been proven, or disproven to be any better than organic soil grown veggies.... or any more sustainable, or less sustainable...

The same could be said for organics in general... it's neither proven, disproven, sustainable,nor unsustainable.

I suggest the thread can now be locked... :D :D :D

Rupe you grow in wicking beds and raft.. Have you taste tested the difference between same kind of veggie but grown in the two different "media".

AP vs soil on tomatoes as an example.

And no don't lock this thread. :P

Hi Swede,

I've grown using most of the methods in popular use and the only difference that I can detect is between home-grown and  store-bought - and that comes down to the freshness of the vegetables.  There may be nutritional differences between food grown in soil and that produced hydroponically - but that couldn't be detected by taste......only by analysis.

There are people who claim that they can tell the difference between organic and non-organic.....but blind taste tests generally sort them out.

Gary

TheDictator and kellenw like this

I have to concur with Gary. Home grown taste better mainly as a function of freshness and being natural. How many commercial foods are picked prematurely to avoid rotting in transit andLlowed to rippen on the way off rhe vine? It definately affects the taste.

crsublette likes this