66spitfire

Proper order of tanks

Here is my plan for my 26x36 greenhouse. Please chime in and stop me and advise.

2-IBC tote fish tanks to radial flow blue barrel (tap to remove heavy solids for raised dirt grow beds with worms) then to 3 -300mm grow beds with bell siphons which drain to raft tank that overflows back under grow beds to inline sumps for aeration then pump thru blue barrel bio filter (incase i ever harvest a grow bed out of system) back up to and flow into fish tank.....

Am I missing something? Or do I have something in the wrong location of my system? I am trying to understand but I need you guys to help me clarify and find my mistakes before I make them.......

Spitfire, you should post a diagram of your proposed system, including valves/bypasses, and I'm sure you'll get a ton of feedback. It's a bit difficult to understand the nuances, heights, options of your system without a visual.

Hi Spitfire,

I would set up my system as follows...

Fish tank to Radial flow seperator to MBBR to a sump to grow beds.. you can put your raft after the grow bed and see how it performs...If it performs OK then leave it at that or you could tee off prior to the grow bed but after your sump... I'd try the first suggestion first...Others may have some different ideas but...That's what I'd try...Give it a go and see how you go...You can also search different members systems on this forum and check out what they've done...

Good luck

Cheers

Edited by bigdaddy (see edit history)

Hello, I concur with Bigdaddy's line up and would add a fines filter as well. It goes a long way to getting those fine particles out. It would prevent the sludge in the GBs and sump and FT. I would put it after the RFF and either before or after the MBBR. Here is a good one that is not too hard to make.