GaryD

Tropical Cyclone Marcia

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

While parts of the US experience freezing conditions, Tropical Cylcone Marcia is giving my adopted state of Queensland a kicking.

She crossed the coast earlier today and has now been downgraded to Category 2 (down from Cat. 5).  Major regional centres like Rockhampton have experienced severe wind damage and flooding.

Around Brisbane, we've had two days of heavy rain…..and tomorrow we'll get the rain from TC Marcia so localised flooding will be an issue…..and there won't be much gardening happening on Macleay Island.

Gary

DaveOponic likes this

Bit of rain never hurt a true fish farmer...

Is that a true AU fish farmer, walking his rainbow trout :D

cheers

RupertofOZ likes this

Hi Cecil,

The main outcome for us is rain……huge amounts of it.  It's been relentless for the past three days.  Our block has soaked up as much as it will and the rest just runs off.  Fortunately, the lowest point on our place is the back western corner so everything heads in that direction.

Gary

Hi Cecil,

The main outcome for us is rain……huge amounts of it.  It's been relentless for the past three days.  Our block has soaked up as much as it will and the rest just runs off.  Fortunately, the lowest point on our place is the back western corner so everything heads in that direction.

Gary

Gary,

Do you try and store some of that water?

Hi Cecil,

We haven't yet installed rainwater tanks…..and we get over 1200mm per year so water is not an issue for us.  Aside from that, the rain of the past few days has soaked into the ground to capacity.

As fate would have it, I'll probably order rainwater tanks in the next week or two……almost guaranteeing that it never rains again. ;)

Gary

Glad you all did fine, and the cyclone lost momentum hiting the shores I followed it on the new's here

cheers

Fish need exercise for health and good growth Ande.. ;)

Yeah

it*s more common, with raceways here rather than highways,to secure fish health & exercise :phew: 

we sure have differente aproaches  :D

Hi Gary

Good to hear the cyclone only brought rain and not wind to Macleay Island. My tanks should be full. They were full when we were home over Xmas. My fruit trees should have got a good soaking too. I'm home again in March - April for a couple of weeks. We had a busy time over December but hope to catch up with you in March. I'll be looking for a mulcher and maybe even a new ride on mower if the budget allows.

Cheers

Dave