Cecil

Here comes the snow!

14 posts in this topic

10 to 15 inches projected for my location by Monday morning. Could be locally higher amounts. This will be coupled with winds of 35 mph. No school for the wife Monday!

Parts of New England got 3 feet a few days ago and will get another foot or more for Monday.

Good thing I work at home and don't drive to work!

The truth be told I like the big snowstorms!

I'll post pics!

Edited by Cecil (see edit history)

We went into storm prep mode this past Monday, but weren't affected much - less than a foot. After whatever we get by Monday, maybe I'll get to try out the new snowshoes.  :thumbsu:

I blew out over 500 feet of driveway this morning with my push Toro 4.0. I'm getting too old for this!

Hi Cecil & Ed,

2 of my brothers told me by email this morning that they had 2 foot of snow in Schuyler & 5 foot in St. Lawrence County's and they were also off to clear driveways...

I told them I have 90*f and im off to harvest Dragon Fruit, Davidson Plums, feed the 500 new fingerlings then go for an afternoon surf.

... its a hell of a country, but someone has to live here :D

Cheers

Joe

post-1528-0-72008500-1422967189_thumb.jp

Edited by Toga (see edit history)
ande likes this

I told them I have 90*f and im off to harvest Dragon Fruit, Davidson Plums, feed the 500 new fingerlings then go for an afternoon surf.

... its a hell of a country, but someone has to live here :D

Cheers

Joe

You bastard!!!  :biggrin:

I did go snowshoeing today and had a great time while getting in a good workout. Embracing winter outdoor activities is probably my best solution for dealing with winter weather in these parts...

Edited by edmolina (see edit history)

Cool as Ed,

I havnt been snowshoeing since I was a 10y/o, up in The Adirondack Mountains deer hunting with bows.

I have definitely evolved into a tropical fish :D

Cheers

Joe

Nice Joe. I've had a slightly different evolution. Born and initially raised in NYC, but moved to the Dominican Republic when I was 12 and came back when I was 16. Once you get used to that Caribbean climate, it's hard coming back to the NE US. I learned to dress for this weather by watching folks who work outside, and have been working to embrace winter sports to help me get through the frigid/dark days.

Gardening has helped since so much of it is a year round venture, starting with planning/buying seeds in December/January, at which point I start feeling hopeful of the return of spring. Hope that once I figure out the GH, this will add to the enjoyment of winter.

Hi Cecil and Ed,

I don't envy you guys...With that type of weather. For me It'll be great to visit, but to live in would be way to cold.

Amazing world we live in though...Whilst it's definitely brass monkey weather over there, we're heading for an estimated top of 96 f and dry, like usual...Tomorrow is the same, ramping up to an estimated top of 106 f on Saturday, then back down to a cooler 82 f by Tuesday.. Normal summer weather is around the high 80's low 90's and dry with a few days, sometimes a few in a row, peaking at the extremes.

Are you still getting a bit of snow over there?

Hi Toga, Are you in that area where that guy got taken by a shark this week?

I have a passing interest in trains...I don't know,  because this is in Canada, you guys may be used to this type of sight...But for us, this type of stuff is amazing...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2942785/Snow-problem-Incredible-video-shows-huge-freight-train-ploughing-snow-deliver-shower-avalanche-proportions.html

Enjoy...

Cheers.

Edited by bigdaddy (see edit history)

Snow has backed off here and even had a partial thaw before cooling down again. Not so in the northeast. Somebody in Massachusetts was telling me they had 3 to 4 feet on the ground, were expecting up to 2 more feet Monday/Tuesday and another foot in Thursday.

Edited by Cecil (see edit history)

Hi BD,

Im about 45mins from there.

Shocking news that was, especially so as I was surfing there 2 weeks ago. My surfing buddy knew him.

Cool train vid, the view of chaos kind of reminds me of getting dumped on by a 5mtr barrel (pipe line wave), except you need to hold your breath for the duration of that vid :o

Joe

Hi Cecil,

I just found this time saver for you...Check it out....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOjv6uJZi_4

And check out the review... :)...

http://www.rock103.com/onair/ditch-52532/watch-snow-plow-toilet-great-multi-13271845/

It comes with a fully stocked magazine rack so you can read a magazine...

Just a fantastic investment for you driveway eh?

Cheers.

Edited by bigdaddy (see edit history)
Cecil likes this

Hi Cecil,

I just found this time saver for you...Check it out....

And check out the review... :)...

http://www.rock103.com/onair/ditch-52532/watch-snow-plow-toilet-great-multi-13271845/

It comes with a fully stocked magazine rack so you can read a magazine...

Just a fantastic investment for you driveway eh?

Cheers.

It would be easier to operate than my snow blower I push!

bigdaddy likes this