6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Just looking through the fourm, thought I'd better sign up.

So I have a IBC system running CHIFT PIST and just started cycling yesterday.

Config Deets are;

1000lt FT

Two 500lt ST – interconnected

Two 300lt GB’s

50mm SLO to a 50mm CDM

50 x 25 x 50 T’s to 25mm valves on entry to GB’s with 25mm distribution square – 6.5mm holes every 50mm

40mm drain currently running Timed F&D

Centre lid drain with adjustable standpipe

Jebago (sp?) 3000lph 40W pump

Homemade venturi water return to FT

Expanded clay media

For the centre drain, some of the IBC lids have a 2in female thread, so I bought a 2in threaded poly fitting with seal and ground out the shoulder with a dremel– 40mm slips through perfectly now so I can adjust flood levels on the fly.

Currently cycling with a dose of Seasol, going to get some Charlie Carp this weekend, still waiting on my API Test Kit from Evil Bay.

With a nasty old plywood lid, no covering on the ST/GB’s, and no plants or fish don’t expect pictures for a few weeks LOL. I still have a few more things to do before starting a build thread so I’ll get cracking and make it as pretty as I can for you aquaphiles.

I am a certified tight arse so I have some ‘reclaimed’ pallets from work that I’m going to use for cladding the ST’s & GB’s.

I have decided to make it as easy as possible to adjust/change the system configuration so I can try out different things, I am one that doesn’t believe everything I read and have to try it for myself before usually learning the hard way LOL.

Good to be here and I look forward to looking through everyone’s posts

FF

Roddy likes this

Welcome to the forum from somebody in the Wild West of another WA on the other side of the world! Get to posting up in the members systems page so I can see some pics!

Cheers!

Fish Fingers likes this