ande

2 visitors enjoying apples in my garden

8 posts in this topic

Had a visit this morning by a moose cow and her yearling son.

Aprox 30meters (33 yards) away from my window I snaped their morning visit under the old apple trees,

I first forgot to open the window (blired pic is taken thru the glas)

It is these kind of moments, I know why, I love to live where I do :smile:

post-968-0-08810400-1416662755_thumb.jpgpost-968-0-78904800-1416662937_thumb.jpg

cheerspost-968-0-14601900-1416663485_thumb.jpgpost-968-0-56241000-1416663553_thumb.jpg

Edited by ande (see edit history)
bigdaddy likes this

Hi Cecil

Yes they are in general, but do to urbanisation they are more uncommon localy, I still have 1 on the quota this year so I could have shot the yearling instead of snapping pics.

But that would be execution, rather than hunting, in my books.

I newer shoot by random, only when I'm activly hunting, so most probbably I "lost" +/- 80 kg prima moose calf meat, by my choise of weapon (camra) :redface:  this morning ?

cheers

Thats really cool Ande...

Nice pics...Thanks for posting...

It looks like you certainly live in a beautiful part of the world...

One day, I would like to visit Norway....When do you think is the best time to visit?...

Cheers.

Hi BD

I would say the weeks before or after our common/industrial summer vacation (July), most atractions would still be open but prices 50%,

and no crowds/ques.

Iff midnight sun is on the experience wishlist 2 last weeks of June, would be it, if not so August/Sept is the right time.

Iff you decide to visit, I would PM me :lol:  And make it a Diplomatic duty trip with local host/guiding

cheers

Hi Ande...

Thanks very,very much for your kind offer...I certainly will PM you If we decide to visit...That would so much fun...Now you have me all distracted lol...Wanting to go to Norway before this Christmas now...LOL somehow I don't think that would happen...Maybe in a year or 2 or 3...We'll have to see what tomorrow brings.....Meanwhile if you decide to make the trip down under...Pm me and make a side trip to Adelaide....And I'll do the same...Lots of nice wineries here...Lots of other fun things to do as well... Sorry for going way off topic...Get talking travel with me and I could talk for years about it...

Do you cut up your own meat when hunting Moose...Or does the local Butcher do it for you?...

Cheers

Hi bd

Sorry for going way off topic...Get talking travel with me and I could talk for years about it...

Not off topic it's about visitors :lol:

Do you cut up your own meat when hunting Moose...Or does the local Butcher do it for you?...

Cheers

I do all the cuting my selfe, :sword:  need help to pull it out of the field, and usually a assistent or two,when cuting it down,(my kids/wife or a friend) biggest I'w dressed was 240 kg packed meat, so it's a big job.

A cow is approx 350 -400 kg a ox 350-500 kg live weight, arround here (bigger further north) http://www.google.no/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fanimalscience.psu.edu%2Fextension%2Fmeat%2Fpdf%2FThe%2520Butcher%2520Stole%2520My%2520Meat.pdf&ei=-Ex2VPbaMunKygPc34GwCA&usg=AFQjCNHzwlONZdsk9lhgLD4Zrfd8mt29Hw&bvm=bv.80642063,d.bG :devil: 

I do it anatomic knife & axe, instead of with a bandsaw :)

I love cooking :bbq:  my own game, I'll be happy to serve you(&family) some wild game, if you come around, you wan't be eating apples in the garden :lol: like the moose

cheers

Edited by ande (see edit history)
bigdaddy likes this

Haha

No more apples so now they eat the bark of the trees in the gardenpost-968-0-12245000-1417993559_thumb.jpgpost-968-0-13957600-1417993632_thumb.jpg

Thats why I stopped planting apple/pear trees the moose eat it and the deer's rub their antlers on them, so I started planting walnutt instead, they are left alone

cheers