bigdaddy

Respect

37 posts in this topic

Hi Ande.

Yes, in many ways Obama and Trump are the same, in so far as lying is concerned, but with one major difference. Trump's lies, like are basically out of a self inflated ego. White lies not hurting the nation, mostly of a personal nature.  Trump was clear as he campaigned and he is doing exactly what he said, or as much as he can given the anti Trump DNC and obstructionism. You know how rare that is? 

Obama only said Hope and Change. Hell, he ran a whole campaign on just those 3 words. But Obama's lies were huge. If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor...If you like your Insurance you can keep your insurance. 

Economy under Obama never took off. GDP never got at or above 3% in any qtr. In fact it averaged just 1.2% over 8 years. Military did not get a single pay raise out of Obama. He decimated the military. He doubled the debt. He ruined health care and his claim families would save an average of $2500 was just BS. Cost went up across the board in the health care industry. Jobs left our shores, Obama said they would never come back. Boy was he wrong, He just did not know how to get them back. ISIS emerged as Obama prematurely withdrew US troops form Iraq. 

Little rocket man is asking to meet. He suspended his nuclear and missile testing programs. (keep fingers crossed) I could go on and on listing the successes of President Trump. And he has only been in office just over a year. 

So, if one can get past their personal feelings about Trump, and see the good his actions are doing for not only America but much of the World, the duty is clear. I would never put my personal distaste for any President over his policies if those policies were good for America because non are perfect. 

 

My two cents...good talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Obama and Trump are the same? WTF?! What are you smoking? 

Did Obama get married 4 X because he cheated on every wife including the present one? Did Obama brag about "grabbing pussy" and is being sued by countless women for sexual assault?

Did just about every cabinet member and aid around him either resign, been fired, or been indicted under Obama?

Did Obama brag about how great he is from day one?  

Did Obama appoint people to positions that are totally unqualified or just family members?

Did Obama change his mind ever 24 hours on major decisions or praise a man that was responsible for hacking into our government and meddling in our election? 

As far as you can keep your doctor comment I'm not sure I see that is a lie. You see rather than depend on Fox News to tell me it was a lie, I know numerous folks that are on the PPACA (Obama Care) and none of them lost their doctor. Not one. 

The economy never took off under Obama? Absolutely untrue. He started his term after one of the worst recessions since the Great Depression and it only got better as it was near rock bottom. The following graph shows that. Just because the blowhard in chief takes all the credit doesn't make it so. 

tGVpaVM.jpg

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/

Trump has nothing to do with "little rocket man" working with South Korea. It's the South Koreans that are doing all the heavy lifting and Trump just yells stupid threats from the sidelines and takes credit. 

Edited by Cecil (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cecil said:

Obama and Trump are the same? WTF?! What are you smoking? 

Did Obama get married 4 X because he cheated on every wife including the present one? Did Obama brag about "grabbing pussy" and is being sued by countless women for sexual assault?

Did just about every cabinet member and aid around him either resign, been fired, or been indicted under Obama?

Did Obama brag about how great he is from day one?  

Did Obama appoint people to positions that are totally unqualified or just family members?

Did Obama change his mind ever 24 hours on major decisions or praise a man that was responsible for hacking into our government and meddling in our election? 

As far as you can keep your doctor comment I'm not sure I see that is a lie. You see rather than depend on Fox News to tell me it was a lie, I know numerous folks that are on the PPACA (Obama Care) and none of them lost their doctor. Not one. 

The economy never took off under Obama? Absolutely untrue. He started his term after one of the worst recessions since the Great Depression and it only got better as it was near rock bottom. The following graph shows that. Just because the blowhard in chief takes all the credit doesn't make it so. 

tGVpaVM.jpg

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/09/obamas-final-numbers/

Trump has nothing to do with "little rocket man" working with South Korea. It's the South Koreans that are doing all the heavy lifting and Trump just yells stupid threats from the sidelines and takes credit. 

Well you hit every major left wing talking point. Haha 

First, Trumps personal life is just that, personal. It is none of my or your business. So most of your tyraid is irrelevent to Trump as the president. 

I never critisized Obama on a personal level, only his policy decisions as president. And Obama was a very weak president. He was lead purely by an ideology. An ideology that was anti American. His economic policys hurt this nation’s recovery. In fact his decisions prolonged our stagnent economy while doubling our national debt. Wages went down. Unemployment in minority communities got worse. The welfare rolls expanded drastically.   He divided Americans, he ignored the rule of law, and he made law through executive order he was not authorized to make. In short, he will go down as one of the worst presidents since Jimmy Carter. I have not even touched on his disasterous foreign policy decisions which emboldened our enemies and saw the rise of ISIS, Strengthened Iran, and excellerated the NorKor rocket and nuclear program. 

So you don’t like Trump as a person, fair enough. But no one is asking you to go have a beer with him. You have to judge him on his policies as President and his results. That is only fair. But as you may have noticed, the press has been anything but fair concerning President Trump. They are out to destroy him, as were many in the Obama era justice department. FBI and CIA were in bed with democrats to destroy him. It was truly a deep state effort. Scarey that our nation acted so badly and tried to thwart the will of tbe people. As the emails are reluctantly released through FOIA law suits more and more facts are coming out about just how deep this conspiracy went. Senior FBI agents were fired or demoted over their roll.  It should concern every American who loves our freedoms, nation, and supports our Constitution. 

You can have strong “personal” feelings about Trump, but who are you benefiting? Are we so selfish that we allow our personal feelings to block what is good for the nation? I put the nation ahead of my personal feelings and will always do so. Trump is no politician. He says what he thinks, sometimes getting him into trouble. But give me that reality any day before a lying smooth talking politician like Obama and the cabinet he choose to perpetuate his lies. Trump is a real person, a breath of fresh air who says what he thinks and tries to do what he says. No code, no deception. He is human, he makes mistakes, and most importantly he gets results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O.K. lets forget about personal. Lets talk about skills that are needed as president of the United States. He has poor leadership skills, he hires people that don't remotely have the prerequisites for the job, and he doesn't even have the balls to fire people in person. And then there's the lack of self discipline. He can't keep his trap shut on Twitter regardless of the harm it will do to him and the country. And his word can't be trusted as he changes his mind faster than a speeding ticket. These are not qualities we want in a president! HIs most admired leaders in the world are dictators - Putin and Erdogan. You can shout constitution all you want but Trump would do away with it if he could. 

As far as the FBI, it's very telling that they were well respected by the right until Trump came along and they started investigating potential collusion with Russia. All of a sudden they were the bad guys. 

Trump doesn't make a pimple on Mueller's ass, and he sure didn't serve his country when asked to while Mueller was distinguishing himself in Vietnam in the Marine Corps. You should at least respect Mueller for his service as you are a marine vs. a rich brat whose daddy kept hm from serving. 

Can you answer me a question?  If Obama would have done half of what Trump has done and said, wouldn't you be screaming from the roof tops! Be honest!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW that whole deep state thing is just what it sounds like - a conspiracy theory. I can't believe you buy into it. Sounds like something Sean Hannity cooked up who is the biggest douche bag next to Trump. The man laughs all the way to the bank as he just makes stuff up for gullible people to buy into to keep his ratings up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Strider said:

Hi Ande.

Yes, in many ways Obama and Trump are the same, in so far as lying is concerned, but with one major difference. Trump's lies, like are basically out of a self inflated ego. White lies not hurting the nation, mostly of a personal nature. 

So, if one can get past their personal feelings about Trump, and see the good his actions are doing for not only America but much of the World, the duty is clear. I would never put my personal distaste for any President over his policies if those policies were good for America because non are perfect. 

 

My two cents...good talk.

Hi again

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/white lie

Definition of white lie

: a lie about a small or unimportant matter that someone tells to avoid hurting another person
IMO Trumps lies does not fall in this category. 
In fact I see him deliberately  intending to hurt and belittle other persons, by his rhetoric "white lies" 
So I find it hard to see Trump, as a good role model to point at for your/mine/any children, both as a privat person (family man), and as President. That was the context  I said I now see what you mean.
I have no personal feelings to get past, with Trump, or any other former US presidents for that matter.
cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cecil said:

O.K. lets forget about personal. Lets talk about skills that are needed as president of the United States. He has poor leadership skills, he hires people that don't remotely have the prerequisites for the job, and he doesn't even have the balls to fire people in person. And then there's the lack of self discipline. He can't keep his trap shut on Twitter regardless of the harm it will do to him and the country. And his word can't be trusted as he changes his mind faster than a speeding ticket. These are not qualities we want in a president! HIs most admired leaders in the world are dictators - Putin and Erdogan. You can shout constitution all you want but Trump would do away with it if he could. 

As far as the FBI, it's very telling that they were well respected by the right until Trump came along and they started investigating potential collusion with Russia. All of a sudden they were the bad guys. 

Trump doesn't make a pimple on Mueller's ass, and he sure didn't serve his country when asked to while Mueller was distinguishing himself in Vietnam in the Marine Corps. You should at least respect Mueller for his service as you are a marine vs. a rich brat whose daddy kept hm from serving. 

Can you answer me a question?  If Obama would have done half of what Trump has done and said, wouldn't you be screaming from the roof tops! Be honest!

To say he has poor leadership is to ignore his achievements to date. He has an unconventional leadership style that can be very confrontational. But it seems to get results. Be honest here yourself.

To say he admires Putin and Erdogan is a simplification. He is president and has to keep his options open. He has also insulted Putin on more than one occasion. That is how he deals, his diplomacy. 

To say he would throw out the Constitution is more nonsense. 

The FBI brough discredit on themselves. Trump had nothing to do with that. I never mentioned Mueller. Not sure the relevance there. 

In  answer to your Obama question, he did do much more than Trump has ever done to sidestep th Constitution. It was Obama himself who said he can’t make immigration law yet enacted DACA. 

It was an Obama appointed DOJ official that tried to hide info concerning the 84 million misuse of campaign contributions by Hillary. More to come on that. 

It was Obama that weaponized the IRS to target conservative supporters. And you just know he knew what the Hillary people and FBI/CIA were doing concerning the fake dossier. Spying on political opponents is not the American way. 

He had the most corrupt AG in Eric Holder who was found in contempt by Congress, a first, fot refusing to turn over docments concerning Fast and Furios. 

Yep, plenty of issues in the Obama years. 

Now tell me, how has Trump violated his oath to uphold the Constitution?

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Hi folks,

Not meaning to be protective or offensive in any way, but we have moved completely off topic here, even for the lounge section...Could we please save the political stuff (such as who's the better president etc) for the U.S. Shutdown thread or the likes?

I just thought we'd discuss respect and how the older and younger generation respect each other etc on this one.

Cheers

Edited by bigdaddy (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ande said:

Hi again

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/white lie

Definition of white lie

: a lie about a small or unimportant matter that someone tells to avoid hurting another person
IMO Trumps lies does not fall in this category. 
In fact I see him deliberately  intending to hurt and belittle other persons, by his rhetoric "white lies" 
So I find it hard to see Trump, as a good role model to point at for your/mine/any children, both as a privat person (family man), and as President. That was the context  I said I now see what you mean.
I have no personal feelings to get past, with Trump, or any other former US presidents for that matter.
cheers

Trump usually fires back, rarely initiates name calling. He gives better than he gets and the MSM and political insulated elitists are not used to that happening. They just did not know how to deal with someone like Trump. 

I had the biggest inauguration crowd ever! White lie. Who cares? Not me. 

Unorthadox yes. But hardley worthy of impeachment. Haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ande said:

Hi again

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/white lie

Definition of white lie

: a lie about a small or unimportant matter that someone tells to avoid hurting another person
IMO Trumps lies does not fall in this category. 
In fact I see him deliberately  intending to hurt and belittle other persons, by his rhetoric "white lies" 
So I find it hard to see Trump, as a good role model to point at for your/mine/any children, both as a privat person (family man), and as President. That was the context  I said I now see what you mean.
I have no personal feelings to get past, with Trump, or any other former US presidents for that matter.
cheers

You are being disingenuous. You said what you said to insult Trump and most likely get a reaction from me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Cecil said:

BTW that whole deep state thing is just what it sounds like - a conspiracy theory. I can't believe you buy into it. Sounds like something Sean Hannity cooked up who is the biggest douche bag next to Trump. The man laughs all the way to the bank as he just makes stuff up for gullible people to buy into to keep his ratings up. 

I can only recommend you read more. An FBI Director giving classified memos and documents to a friend to leak to hurt Trump is a deep state event. You cant believe there is a deep state or you don’t want to believe there is a deep state? Hillary made deals with Obama appointees that if she won the presidency their jobs were secure and they in turn did everything they could to help her. When the FBI learned of the Clinton/AG meeting at the airport they were not interested in what was discussed, they wanted to know who leaked it. Strange behavior indeed. 

Edited by Strider (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigdaddy said:

Hi folks,

Not meaning to be protective or offensive in any way, but we have moved completely off topic here, even for the lounge section...Could we please save the political stuff (such as who's the better president etc) for the U.S. Shutdown thread or the likes?

I just thought we'd discuss respect and how the older and younger generation respect each other etc on this one.

Cheers

I can respect that!

bigdaddy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now