bigdaddy

Respect

21 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm a middle aged guy brought up in a middle classed area.

I started my apprenticeship on my last day of my 15th birthday...

When at school, any money I had, I earned...I spent my school holidays working....

Amongst a myriad of other things, I was brought up to respect your elders,

Women

and family.

When working , if anyone was teaching you something you'd respect them...You'd automatically sit up, listen, take notice and learn....

Whilst it wasn't something shoved down your throat, you would definitely respect people

I love our young people of today but I don't think the respect is there nor considered as important as it was in earlier years.....I actually think we are losing something of great value to our society going down this path.....

I'm just throwing it out there....I'm wondering what others think?....

Do you think we are gradually losing it?

Do you think it is important?

Do you think it is still there, but shown in a different way?

Any other thoughts?...

Here's something fun to listen to...

Enjoy...

Cheers

Edited by bigdaddy (see edit history)
crsublette likes this

Hi

I am probably a little older than middle aged and grew up in a working class environment. I agree the younger generation does not have the same respect as we had as they have been brought up to be free thinkers without the threat of corporal punishment. However we had a large number of advantages that todays youth does not have.

. We had Tech Schools

. Choice and availability of apprenticeships after a Form 3 or Form 4 education.

. By the time we were 20 we had a skilled trade and were set up for a good future.

. Governments at that time provided affordable housing and houses for purchase were affordable.

. People could be given a start in a job and trained on the job. They did not need a Certificate 3 to get a start.

. We still had a manufacturing industry now nearly all gone.

. We had restricted trading hours which ensured most people enjoyed a weekend off to spend with families.

. Most of the country holidayed in Australia not overseas, workers took holidays in January while factories closed down for maintenance.

. The State governments owned utilities like water, gas and electricity these utilities trained large amounts of trades that later were employed by private enterprise.

Governments from both sides of politics have resided over this decline over the last 40 years and it hasn't stopped yet. However we are now at the stage they have nothing left to sell. 

Cheers

Joey

Earthan Group and ande like this

I think youth are moreso a "snapshot" reflection of a portion of society as the result of previous generation and current societal influences, that the youth was molded by others teaching the wrong lessons of history and values, rather than the youth's behavior being an unique event in of them self.

Folk can't expect to treat the youth as if they are their "buddy", that is viewing the youth at the same level as their elders such as having an equaility of wisdom as their elders, and yet still think, with this mentality, the youth should somehow still perceive a level of respect above them self that is given to others.

However, with all generalization, there is no such thing as "always", since there are exceptions to these events except the exceptions are not what has ever defined the generality because, generally, these stereotypes, as with most stereotypes, are true due to the high frequency of real life anecdotes that result in indicating the truth of the generalization rather than indicating the prevalence of the exception.

I think what folk are experiencing from the noticeable, "loud mouth", portion of our youth is a reflection of the values that our youth are being taught, or best yet, are not being taught.

I'm only 33 years old (i think) and I think the reason I was given the advantage was due to the fact I grew up in the rural area, on a farm, had a paying job by the time I was 12 years olds, actually started mowing grass when I was 9 years old, I was never allowed to view my parents nor grandparents as if they were "just one of my buddies", and I was taught a level of decency so to always be honest and to not act like I am something that I am not in addition to respect what is holy.

Now, many city folk think what I went through is literally considered to be child abuse! There actualy are court cases here in the US of A of where "social liberal busy bodies" are calling social services on folks, to take their kids, to the same, or some equivalent, reasons, such as allowing your 10 year old kid to walk home from school by them self (which is what I did all the time when I was a kid).

My biggest pet peeves about the youth I encounter is more so about the level of deception and unyielding desire to throw personal attacks that they are not bothered with expressing one bit at all until caught and no respect for anything that is holy, which thus leads me to encountering even 8 year olds using obscene profanity against their elders such as babysitters or teachers in 1st or 2nd grade.

To be honest, with how things are so screwed up nowadays by "political correctness" and the "better safe than sorry" crowd, I bet the experiences of being a kid growing up now is so much different than how it was when I grew up.

Edited by crsublette (see edit history)
ande likes this

Quote from Socrates:

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.â€

crsublette, Caca and ande like this

Hi BD

I turn 51 next month, and can almost duplicate your words, on how, I grew up, but also Joeys, Crusubelettes words, I can identify or recognice, as part of my, general upbringing (my chilldhood was spent on 3 continents but allways we vent "home" to Norway)

Be polite and don't make your family embarresed on your behalf by being disrespecfull towards other peoples values, even when they differ from those you live by.

I think there was more respect in general, or tactfullnes maybe ? a different set of values, and there was not a price tag on every thing.

There was a trades honor/pride, the respect was more linked to what you did, or that you cose to participate/contribute, not on how much money you made, but that you where "selfemade" a free man.

Ther is  more & more a blaime & claime mentality and less solidariytie with those not so fortunate amongst old & young and way to much age segregation in todays western society IMO

We think we deserve everything have right to anything .........

Political oponents respected eachother, you never heard the elders speak disrespectfull of this & that, or complain and moan as "us" or my generation .

I think the future youth are growing up in a hard tuff competetive world as compared to my own, and they are monitored, measured and dictated in a narrow frame from todllers group kinder garden age, and do not have the oppertuniety to drop out of school and get a job like before.

We are raising our children and have to look in the mirror, if the younger generations lack respect, do we respect them ?

cheers

Edited by ande (see edit history)
crsublette likes this

Interesting how these words of many century old philosphers are still relevant today in thriving society's that are to the point of merely having 1st world concerns (that is whether to choose Solar Power or Fossil Fuel Power, "Organic" Food or "Industrial" Food ) while others still remain quite incredibly corrupt to the point of struggling to overcome 2nd and 3rd world concerns such as just trying to have reliable power supply or reliable food supply. Now, within this century, a new 1st world concern involves the motto of "Don't Judge Me". I'd be curious if there is any century old, ageless wisdom that supports any wisdom in the motto of "Don't Judge Me" rather than this motto simply being yet another wisdom lacking experiment trying to be conducted in today's modernized society.

Problem with today's youth (whom are now someone's elder possibly with doctoral titles) is that authority, whether from parents or government, are driven moreso by feelings rather than judging actions and removing a particular sense of purpose through gifts, which these values are always followed up by particular behaviours. These conservations always end up talking about values and their mutually exclusive behavior, which then leads to whether someone determines they are being respected or disrespected. ;)

Unfortunately, I am not suprised by all of the disrespect especially when it comes from those whom are not in poverty (except applies to the impoverished just the same), from both the young and old, due to the luxuries willingly given away. These gifts are unearned luxuries, that takes away a particular sense of purpose, which then creates a void in a person's life whether folk want to admit it or not. This void essentially becomes a blackhole, that continues to collapse on itself and is never satisfied and the receipients act as such. So, even with all of the luxuries government or parental authorities give, the recipients continue to still act, wanting more and more due to this unsatiable blackhole, which then turns into the recipients being disrespected if the luxury is then not given and thus they act out, or express, the expected behaviors taught by the vapid values of luxury. This will never be resolved until particular luxuries are stopped so that a sense of purpose returns to the recipient.

This desire for a sense of purpose is also why when good religion, or (at least) the acknowledgment of good religion, is not involved, then it is always substituted by something else such as The Nature Movement, which is doing their best to restrict Vitamin A enhanced GMO food (which would stop blindness of children in 3rd world countries), or it always becomes substituted by whatever the predominent movement of the century determined by the state of affairs within those corrupt or "feelings" driven countries. These folk that believe that they are "their own supreme power of accountability" are those whom often find their deep sense of purpose being substituted by something else that is "more important than truth", such as The Nature Movement in preserving food to be organic while ignoring or manipulating the truth of how high yielding GMO food is what is actually responsible for feeding the starving 3rd world countries and the GMO food can actually stop blindness due to vitamin deficiencies in 3rd world countries as the result of declining food diversity due to an unreliable organic food supply that is lacking/failing to produce at a mass scale in these 3rd world countries. One truth even these folk can not deny is that growing "organically with only heirloom or non-genetically modified plants" is incredibly expensive, due to obvious reduction in yields of these non-genetically modified plants, and is why the predicament of choosing between "organic" or "industrial" food is a 1st world concern.

As a lesson of history should have taught folk, government, nor any parental authority, can not dictate purpose for folk through unearned or simply granted luxuries (such as mandated vacation time or mandated livelihood benefits obtained with very few strings attached) served in the disguise as a "human right" without also creating a void in their life. I think this is where believing in something and being accountable to something that is more important than one's self, respecting what is holy, is incredibly important.

Aggravating how distortions of history, created by corrupt authorities or by those taking events out of context to only focus on specific events, have fooled agenda driven opponents so they "feel good" about being blinded as to the reasons why there is so much disrespect from today's society as a whole.

ande likes this

I don't think that the young people of today are a disrespectful undisciplined lot...I think respect is not part of the lives of these people the way it was part of our lives...With the exception of say the armed forces and police etc...

I must say I've seen some polite nice youth around recently and even my children are respectful to others, but not to us, the parents who know nothing lol....

I guess I've seen some parents bring their children up, not insisting the children give due respect and even in some cases manners....It's not like it was when I was being brought up where it was expected I use my respect and manners, so that may be one reason why It's not like it used to be...

On the other hand...When we were looking at changing schools to the private system My wife noticed the polite respectful young lads who used to attend the eatery where she would occasionally visit wearing a particular uniform and she was encouraged to send our children to that school amongst other things of course, because of their behaviour..Her words were What nice young guys, if students from that school can act like that then I'd be happy to send my children there....Or words to that effect....So yeah in some parts it's still there...

Cheers.

ande and crsublette like this

Hi c

I think this quote covers the basics in what you are saying

“Never take a person's dignity. It is worth everything to them, and nothing to you.â€
Frank Barron

GMO food is what is actually responsible for feeding the starving 3rd world countries and the GMO food can actually stop blindness due to vitamin deficiencies in 3rd world countries as the result of declining food diversity due to an unreliable organic food supply that is lacking/failing to produce at a mass scale in these 3rd world countries. One truth even these folk can not deny is that growing "organically with only heirloom or non-genetically modified plants" is incredibly expensive, due to obvious reduction in yields of these non-genetically modified plants, and is why the predicament of choosing between "organic" or "industrial" food is a 1st world concern.

We had a thread/disscusion on this matter, some time ago here http://aquaponicsnation.com/forums/topic/8211-eating-global-is-more-sustainable/

:startle:

cheers

crsublette likes this

Hi bd

I don't think that the young people of today are a disrespectful undisciplined lot...I think respect is not part of the lives of these people the way it was part of our lives...With the exception of say the armed forces and police etc...

I must say I've seen some polite nice youth around recently and even my children are respectful to others, but not to us, the parents who know nothing lol....

I guess I've seen some parents bring their children up, not insisting the children give due respect and even in some cases manners....It's not like it was when I was being brought up where it was expected I use my respect and manners, so that may be one reason why It's not like it used to be...

On the other hand...When we were looking at changing schools to the private system My wife noticed the polite respectful young lads who used to attend the eatery where she would occasionally visit wearing a particular uniform and she was encouraged to send our children to that school amongst other things of course, because of their behaviour..Her words were What nice young guys, if students from that school can act like that then I'd be happy to send my children there....Or words to that effect....So yeah in some parts it's still there...

Cheers.

I can relate to what you & c posts, don't agree with all, but I respect :P  it. :lol:

I think bringing up kids is a difficulte task, and amongst the most importante chalenges one can take on

I'w raised 5 good boys (fosterchilds), along with my 3 biological kids, I love them all, but have had to use 8 different "reciepies"

Quote from here : http://www.ccpa-accp.ca/blog/?p=1810

WHAT IS RESPECT?

Respect is an expression of admiration, approval, acceptance, and loyalty.  Someone who respects another, show’s an unwavering emotional connection consciously and unconsciously through their actions, words, deeds, and reactions. 

Of equal importance, children should show personal respect unto themselves.  A child who disrespects their own being, is at greater odds of disrespecting others, because ultimately they have no relationship with respect.

I redlighted what I have focused on no matter reciepie needed for each individual

PS I have a slight distrust towards the well mannerd privat school aperance, it might be obedience, wich is not the same as respect IMO

cheers

crsublette likes this

Hi c

I think this quote covers the basics in what you are saying

“Never take a person's dignity. It is worth everything to them, and nothing to you.â€

Frank Barron

We had a thread/disscusion on this matter, some time ago here http://aquaponicsnation.com/forums/topic/8211-eating-global-is-more-sustainable/

:startle:

cheers

Interesting. I would need to read the article excerpt before I comment on that specific article, which I may in that particular thread.

Although, after just glancing over a few posts in that thread, don't know if I want to read more. Lol!  ;) I find there is much ignorance involving conversations of agriculture from folk whom are not directly involved in the industry, that is outside the niche markets and outside of backyard gardens.

If it weren't for folk's greed of luxury, such as wanting to pay that cell phone bill or the price of entertainment, then there would be more healthy food produced. All about a matter of consumer priorities.

The main problem is folk wanting cheap food and yet they still rather pay huge amounts of money for various luxuries instead of the luxury of healthy food. Whis is this? It is due to folk thinking food is a "human right", which thus means farmer's should be not given paycheck for capitalizing on what is deemed as a "human right".

If everyone, including the impoverished and especially those in middle class, would toss their cell phone bills so they could buy healthy food, such as buying $8 a pound tomatoes or $5 a pound of crushed sweet corn, then many of these problems would be resolved. Mr. Van der Werf is definitely encountering this problem, as expressed in post#112 in his UAE thread.

What is government's solution? Tax business so government can provide consumer discounts through subsidized food rather than helping these companies, along with giving watchdog groups significant authority to make sure the companies remain honest, and so to help producers to produce higher quality, lower cost food. Unfortunately, this seems to be a utopian notion since tough to find truly altruistic politicians and altruistic watchdog groups that do not eventually become corrupt with authority to push their own agenda.

So, the last hope of encouraging folk to consume and grow healthy food are hobbies like this and small business owners within these niche markets and major venture capitalists (such as those supporting Mr. Van der Werf's UAE project) taking the risk to help construct and fund these operations.

Also, as a quick aside, I have not yet met a single organic conventional soil grain or livestock feed farm, within a semi-arid desert region, that have lower pest problems than these GMO farms while maintaining high yielding exports so to help feed these 3rd world countries. Now, in context of BRIX values (i.e., nutrient density), there are many many many reasons why BRIX values are what they are and good reasons why real life circumstances of conventional soil farming (outside of a greenhouse) force farmers to sell low BRIX value food, but the more agenda driven organic proponents constantly suggest there are more "mischievous" motivations and using fear as their energy source to drive their causes, much like how Nature Movement are using economic sanctions against 3rd world countries if they used DDT to kill mosquitos so to significantly reduce malaria deaths. Yes, the high BRIX value (i.e., sugar, dissolved solids, nutrient density) of aquaponic food (when compared to conventional hydroponic food) is truly the notable selling point and is why more and more folk should try to grow their own food. Give hydroponic and conventional soil farmers and chemical/seed companies the proper monetary grants for research so to ensure avoiding a significant level of risk involved in outdoor agriculture and folk will notice a significant improvement in the BRIX values of many GMO farm products, but, as I mentioned, this will likely never be the cause of the Nature Movement since the "movement" is more important than truth.  These seed and chemical companies are doing their best to involve more organic bio-technologies and other organic processes, but this research is incredibly expensive and progress is quite slow since nature is quite slow and very complex to understand. The organic believers, especially those holistic naturalist horticulturalists with doctoral titles, believe the solutions are already available for pennies per acre, but quite odd how none of these organic proponent groups have not yet informed us (that is industry producers) of these "pennies per acre" organic solutions. So, either the organic movement is just blowing smoke or absolutely terrible at spreading their word and there are definitely agricultural industry magazines that are quite progressive so to inform us if any of these "pennies per acre" organic solutions were true.

Thanks for the hyperlink Ande, but, generally, I tend to stray away from those type of conversations since they often stray into "Never Ever Land".

So, given all of the corruption driven by government....   How do we make a difference so to get healthier food, that have propr BRIX values, into the grocery store? Consumers need to start having the courage to show some sacrifice of particular luxuries and start paying more for their food and stop buying food that do not have proper nutrient values (such as BRIX is one of them).

This is already starting to be done due to the organic industry and outfits such as Whole Food since they are showing how food with proper BRIX values have a much better taste and do not spoil as fast. However, there also have been testimonials of low quality produce being sold from these organic businesses. Consumers must be diligent in understanding why they are buying. Just because the business says it sells "organic" does not mean you will be getting more nutritional food.

In particular aspects here in the US of A, this movement is finally gaining traction, but the progress is very slow due to government's hesitation to give proper research grants to various agricultural corporations. For example, USDA actually tests the various BRIX values and other nutritional content of many fruits, vegetables, and some other crops to determine the level of premium pricing the farmer will receive. However, if agriculture technology is too expensive or not available to farmers, then these USDA mandates are essentially trying to put the "cart before horse", which creates more problems.

Ultimately, consumers will determine all of this. If there are more and more small hobby farms popping up, more consumers willing to pay a higher price for the product, and these operators and consumers stop being so stubborn so they can come together to form their own corporation, then this will really get the ball rolling.

There is always a way to fix this stuff, but it is up to us in using logic, rather than fear, to persuade folk's minds so we can change purchasing behaviours to support more nutritional food.

Hi folks...

On my threads I'm happy for some digression to take place but...We've strayed a bit far here I think....Could we perhaps stay a bit closer to the topic of respect on this thread...And post the other posts on the the appropriate thread...Just to keep things a bit tidier please....

Cheers.

Meh, maybe I'm biased but whatever.

I was brought up on that notion of "don't make me look bad kid". Granted I'm only 27 but things today seem a lot different being a youth than 10 years ago when I was in school.

Self determination was a driving force in a lot of my life. I wasn't ever driven by the desire to make my family look good, I was driven by myself. That's what drove me and ultimately paid my way through school.

The problem comes when any little thing goes against the grain as to family expectations, you get "trophy" syndrome, wherein all the accomplishments are perceived as some sort of trophy.

I realize this is hard to follow so here's my point. Most "snotty disrespectful kids" simply perceive the adult as unworthy of respect. For the most part, the baby boomers were handed an empire by their parents. This way of thought compounded into Gen X, who gained an entitlement complex. That's fine in the economic sea they went through. Now that my generation is all out of school and working, it's not all cupcakes and rainbows. The "elders" in the professional sphere are entitled, self serving, and disrespectful to what youth bring to the table, namely a stronger knowledge base and propensity to grasp new ideas and solve problems quickly.

Now just from the nature of my work, I see many people who exhibit this personality. That's not to say ALL older people are this way, but it just goes to the fact that respect is not intrinsic nowadays, it has to be earned. That's how I'm teaching my kids, and I hope most parents have my wayof thinking

ande likes this

Respect is taught first and foremost by the parents. It is accompanied by a healthy work ethic and a humble attitude.

In America, many of the youth are sprung from parents that have no business having kids. They do not nurture their children, teach then right from wrong, or how to respect elders and authority. In fact, if todays parents are not teaching their kids how to hate and blame directly, they are teaching them by example.

I feel for the lost potential of kids unlucky enough to be saddled with parents like that.

People do not want to work for success today, they want someone (usually government) to give it to them. Lazy, slovernly, abusive, and radical are trending in America. Just look at the internet to see how people abuse each other.

It is all about the get rich quick mentallity, and leads many to take shortcuts of the illegal type.

But what do we expect from an entire generation that sees their President telling lies and abusing his authority because he cannot get exactly what HE wants? It is very hard to tell my kids to obey the law when our elected and appointed officials do not.

We need to make the change at the top first. Get the idea of family back in the minds of people because as the family unit declines so does our society.

Edited by Strider (see edit history)

Respect is taught first and foremost by the parents. It is accompanied by a healthy work ethic and a humble attitude.

In America, many of the youth are sprung from parents that have no business having kids. They do not nurture their children, teach then right from wrong, or how to respect elders and authority. In fact, if todays parents are not teaching their kids how to hate and blame directly, they are teaching them by example.

I feel for the lost potential of kids unlucky enough to be saddled with parents like that.

People do not want to work for success today, they want someone (usually government) to give it to them. Lazy, slovernly, abusive, and radical are trending in America. Just look at the internet to see how people abuse each other.

It is all about the get rich quick mentallity, and leads many to take shortcuts of the illegal type.

But what do we expect from an entire generation that sees their President telling lies and abusing his authority because he cannot get exactly what HE wants? It is very hard to tell my kids to obey the law when our elected and appointed officials do not.

We need to make the change at the top first. Get the idea of family back in the minds of people because as the family unit declines so does our society.

I had a longer entry but I fear it veers too far into politico and away from respectability. But the taking point is this.

I guess I'll go back to my kids here. I teach them that all people should be given the dignity they deserve as humans, regardless of whether they need additional help so they can feed their children and themselves.

Point there is that if taught that dehumanization is acceptable, that allows for an entire sector of society to be disrespected. Why not then advance that to ANYONE you feel the slightest but superior to? Is it any wonder that this propensity of disrespect is rampant? Is it any wonder today's youth are disillusioned with family?

Again maybe I'm a special case from my life. Most people have a much better relationship to their elders than I do. There's a lot of sectors of society I simply don't have a lot of respect for because of their CHOICES in life, rather than the body, mind, and situation they were born into.

Here's some food for thought: the aquaponics gurus are, to some degree, entirely unethical people. They advocate treating fish terribly by letting them waste in their own feces. AQHQers are better people by and large. If you go out of your way to treat FISH with dignity, how can people not be afforded the same?

And I guess I failed getting into politico but meh, I'm done.

ande likes this

Respect was taught our way (obviously) when I was growing up which was a small part of learning to live, and politics didn't enter the equation....In fact my view on that is All sides of the political spectrum are far from an example of good living..They ALL lie manipulate and deceive to get what they want...And that's just the beginning...But I digress...

Hi Ande,

My example of a private school was anecdotal...It wasn't the discipline per se rather, The whole culture of the school..In which stronger governance is there, but it's only part of the culture of that school...After being involved for some time now, the way the culture is compared to what I see of other blue ribbon schools around Adelaide(and we checked quite a few out) is a good one as far as I'm concerned...I think as part of their holistic approach to education they somehow install a healthy respect within most of the students that attend...

I think respect does start at home and certainly in many cases children copy a lot of their parents actions...What a responsibility parents have...

Cheers.

crsublette likes this

Also, folk have to pay attention to the holes created in a child's life by what I call "squishy" parents, much like how the supposed "independent" folk in politics act.

Since I have not yet met the "perfect" parent, important to note that extended family, community, friends, and role models have a very important role as well. Extended family, community, friends, and role models are there to fill those holes created by the parent's actions.

Everyone is a role model to other's kids whether they want to be or not.

bigdaddy and Caca like this

I'm reminded of a saying I may be butchering from my youth.  I believe it is from Africa, "it takes a village to raise a child."   Instead of blaming the parents who may have or may not have had a good upbringing to go by as a guide for raising their children, the entire community is to a degree responsible. I remember when I was a child, I was fortunate enough that if I acted with bad manners , that they would quickly point it out to me or my parents, so I could then be corrected on it.  I just don't see that as much anymore, and I see some parents with the "It's my child and I'll raise it how I want" attitude.  It is generally those children that typically have unfortunate consequences later in life.

Another thing I recall, Is that everyone is a master at something, and deserves respect to learn from the gem they may share.

crsublette, ande and bigdaddy like this

I had a longer entry but I fear it veers too far into politico and away from respectability. But the taking point is this.

I guess I'll go back to my kids here. I teach them that all people should be given the dignity they deserve as humans, regardless of whether they need additional help so they can feed their children and themselves.

Point there is that if taught that dehumanization is acceptable, that allows for an entire sector of society to be disrespected. Why not then advance that to ANYONE you feel the slightest but superior to? Is it any wonder that this propensity of disrespect is rampant? Is it any wonder today's youth are disillusioned with family?

Again maybe I'm a special case from my life. Most people have a much better relationship to their elders than I do. There's a lot of sectors of society I simply don't have a lot of respect for because of their CHOICES in life, rather than the body, mind, and situation they were born into.

Here's some food for thought: the aquaponics gurus are, to some degree, entirely unethical people. They advocate treating fish terribly by letting them waste in their own feces. AQHQers are better people by and large. If you go out of your way to treat FISH with dignity, how can people not be afforded the same?

And I guess I failed getting into politico but meh, I'm done.

Hi Rosso,

It is hard to analyse the decline of respect shown by the youth of today without getting into the political. That is because the roll models that teach our kids the most negative qualities do so for their own self interests and political reasons. Black kids are under a constant barrage by the left and black leaders like Al Sharpton who is always there at every white on black event to fan the flame of racism and hatred even when no racism exists or before the facts are known.  Our President gets involved in state and local cases when he should not, and he sends our AG down to investigate cases before anyone on the scene has done so.  But mostly, our so-called free press sends down the news teams to give 24/7 coverage of the events and calls them racially motivated, again with no evidence and before the facts can emerge, fueling even greater anger and misinformation on which the mobs act out.  Innocent people lose their businesses and livelihoods, personal property is stolen, people are beaten or killed, and all because of the myth created by our Main Stream Media.  They all have blood on their hands. Is it any wonder the youth of today are outraged and angry and disrespect authority?

For Gods sake, we have a Black President and a Black Attorney General and still those very people take every opportunity to point out how racist their nation really is...while they provoke the black community out of nothing more than a reaction to how America was when they or their fathers were growing up and not how America is today. 

It is as if they are afraid to see America for what is has become, and how far we have come on the issue of race; like they will lose something if they admit it.   

Truly amazing. 

I agree with someones assertion of the "it takes a village" comment but only to a very limited degree. For in America, unfortunately, the village can no longer be trusted. terrorists are now professors in our universities and the radical teachings are wide and far. 

I could go on for hours, but who would really listen anyway? We are all just too divided along political lines for political line's sake. It creeps into every aspect of our lives because the politicians and activist organizations have made sure it gets front and center in the press, a press that is all too willing to aid those they agree with while silencing those they do not. 

I heard somewhere, maybe here, I can't remember, something that has stuck with me. Don't steal someone's dignity, it means everything to them, and nothing to you.