Clint

Central Texas Small scale commercial operation

Hi Rob,

Tough going finding properties, I helped a group out with their high tunnel the other day and they took a couple years to find a piece of land as well.

I am in Katy back at my old sales job and doing ap and greenhouse stuff on the side.  Building back yard systems and checking out new ideas/proposals as they come about.  Just started working with a group from South Texas that has some good ideas for personal and school systems, will see how it develops.

Clint

Sounds like life.  I am looking at a 3 acre property in the Acres Homes area just N of the Heights and will find out about it within a few weeks I hope.  Have been talking green house with Stuppy and the system with Pentair and tanks from Red Ewald.

We should get a beer one day, I will try to hit you a day ahead if I go for crawfish at Good ol Boys!

Rob

Beer and crawfish sound good!

I got my tank from Red Ewald, good stuff.  Be interested to hear your business plan and design.  Have a good look a Paul's (earthan group) dual loop system, one of the best out there, imho.

Clint

Yea I have had lots of talks with Paul.  I think that is the way to go.  That and Lennard's Mineralization Tank to get the most out of the feed.  Paul is getting GREAT returns out of even much lower feed rates.

Rob

Clint,

Sorry about not being specific. I'm in hot pursuit of how to build one such as cutting list, i.e. cost to build, sizes/lengths of wood as well as size of plastic and how much used per bed. I have a small system made of barrel halves but thats a way much different system. Would really like to go commercial out here in Pensacola Florida and I really like your bed design, looks simple and affordable. I'm sure you don't have the time to explain all this but was hoping you might be able to point me to a website or video on how to specifically at commercial or like yours hopefully. Thank you sir for the comeback, much obliged. 

Hi Spin,

Be careful when you mention "commercial"  we have gone through a huge amount of discussion about what is a commercial ap operation and while mine in the picture was 2000 sq of dwc it was far from "commerical", that would be in the 10,000 sq ft and greater, imho.

The dwc bed design was fairly simple, with 2x4's, hardi plank siding, concrete stakes, duraskrim liner, 1" pvc air line and 3" bulkheads at each end with connecting 3" pvc pipe.  I don't have a diy website or video that I can point you to, not sure if you have checked out google and searched for such but maybe something will come up with that.  If you want somethings such a detailed parts list with pricing and such, you can message me and we can discuss your project further.

Clint

I did purchase it as a kit, it is only a bunch of hoops and some hardware, very basic.  Try Conleys.com, good prices quality products.  If you have BWI companies in your are they are also a good source for most growing and greenhouse supplies, I think they carry Conley's greenhouses as well.