• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Two of my Norwegian favorit tracks (8&9), folksong/rock band Vamp  "North Sea sound" , did a televised outdoor consert, with a good guest artist (Eivór Pálsdóttir from The Faroe Islands), singing duet in her native language

Good wild Norwegian scenery

The consert is a fundraiser for the reopening of the hillside farm "Stigen"  ( UN Worldheritidge culture farm)

enjoy

http://tv.nrk.no/program/dvfj56000513/vamp-paa-stigen#t=31m5s

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Carlin for President! 

I know he's dead.....but Reagan demonstrated that you could sleep through most things and still be one of the most popular US presidents.

George Carlin was one of my all-time favourite political thinkers.

BD.....my favourite commentator on the Church and music is Billy Connolly.......another key influence on my political outlook.   Having listened to Larry I'd be inclined to add Blues to the list........."it's not for them."

Gary

Hi Gary,

I don't like all Bluesey stuff nor all Jazz stuff...I've been abroad and been to blues and Jazz club shows and enjoyed them....But I do not enjoy the heavy stuff.... I quite enjoyed Larry and his music...

The Billy Connolly Youtube you posted ...Here's a much better Scottish act....

Enjoy....

Cheers.

Edited by bigdaddy (see edit history)

Hi BD,

I concede that The Proclaimers are a better music act (although Billy plays a mean banjo).  For those sufficiently broad-minded, Billy Connolly is a tonic for the alleviation of the suffering that day-to-day life occasionally heaps on us.

Gary

Edited by GaryD (see edit history)

Hi Gary,

I used to like Billy Connolly...Now I'm pretty much sick of him, and not real keen on his parts in movies I've seen...You Know, on religion he has a point...With Some...Not real keen on his last bit, but each to their own...I doubt he'd get away with having a humorous go at Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists or Shinto's the same way...

When you are in Adelaide next...On a Sunday Morning...I'll take you to a church that rocks man.....Occasionally James Morrison comes to town and puts on a show and the Church band backs him...Mate...When that happens, it is very cool...Recently, I attended a Church Charity event Where he was the main event, backed by the Church band. They raised $60,000.00 in one night where every single cent went to The Childhood Cancer Foundation....

Here's Billy playing some banjo...

Enjoy...

Cheers.

Hi BD,

I doubt he'd get away with having a humorous go at Muslims.......

When you are in Adelaide next...On a Sunday Morning...I'll take you to a church that rocks man.....Occasionally James Morrison comes to town and puts on a show and the Church band backs him...Mate...When that happens, it is very cool...

Thanks, Anthony......I might well take you up on the offer one day.

Gary

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...