SamBurton

Warning Points?

6 posts in this topic

I just noticed that below my name in my posts it announces 0 warning points.  While I'm comforted by the number, like in golf, lower is better, I have also NOT seen that on anyone else's posts.  Anyone else see this on theirs?  Not fussing, just curious.

Only you and those with moderating privileges can see the warning points.  I doubt it will be a feature used much as most members stay respectful here, but occasionally some get out of line. 

Like Ravnis mentioned, it's utility here is probably next to nil, but a lot of really big non-aquaponics related forums use the functionality.  Basically, it's a way for moderators of really large forums to give problem members an "infraction" for a behavior that is not good, but not ban worthy.  If a user collects enough warning points, additional action can be taken.

It is enabled by default with this forum software, but I'm actually considering disabling it completely on APN.  We like to focus as much as possible on the POSITIVE rather than the negative.

Speaking of which, I'm noticing that people are starting to use the reinstated "LIKE" button for posts.  Glad to see that. :)

Yes, I noticed the warnings thing under my name and not under others...I thought it was my run tally for cricket :) :)(only joking... I have 0)...I thought about it for a while and it made sense...It is good for me to see how many warnings I have, whilst the other forum members can not to see what I have...

I like the like button....I use it occasionally...could use it more I guess...I find it a quick helpful communication tool...

Cheers.

Edited by bigdaddy (see edit history)

I must remember to tell my story of the first time I played cricket after I moved to Scotland.  I trained with the local Cricket Club and brought them hours of entertainment.  Short version, its not baseball.    :D

bigdaddy likes this