mpc

Another newbie

10 posts in this topic

Hi All, Just came on board. I have a pond and want to garden after I retire( 1.5 to 2 yrs). I'm going to use raised beds/Aquaponics and pond water, to water garden to help clean pond water and provide nutrients to the plants. The excess water I may run through a minnow hole/tank before back to the pond. I have dreams and I will look through your site and read a lot before I ask too many question.

One of my Pond Boss cohorts recommended me here and is on the admin. list here, they said. I look forward to the fellowship and can hardly wait to "get to work" on a system that will grow great plants and veggies, as well as help reduce nutrient loads in my pond. Thanks in advance for you time and sharing knowledge, as I move in a hopefully" right" direction. :)   

Welcome aboard!  I've been a PB member for many, many years.  While I don't post on PB a whole lot these days due to my busy schedule, it holds a very special place in my heart. :) 

Hi MPC and welcome,

There's plenty of good information here and nice people willing to help

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want when you want..

I'm sure people will help when they can..

Enjoy the adventure...

Cheers.

Edited by bigdaddy (see edit history)

Hi MPC,

Welcome to APN.

GD

(Sorry I had to do it - acronyms mess with my head)

Hi MPC

Does MPC mean military payment certificates.

Cheers

Joey

Thanks to all for the welcome and I have started reading. I will be back with question before long. There is a thread on PB now, that peaked my interest. I am really glad you guys are here. I can picture a great intensive garden, :)  a pond with no algae, glistening, due to my aquaponic garden!!!! :)  :lol:  :)

P.S. As Judy Tenuta said " IT COULD HAPPEN"

Sorry Joey, no military certificates. All that serve deserve our respect and thanks, at the very least, so we can do what we want to do. Cheers back at you. Thanks for the welcome kellenw,as you know you can take a pondbosser away from PB, but you can't take the PB out of the Pondbosser!!!!!!!!!!!

Graig 1267 I hope you get one one day if you really want one. It took me nearly 30 years to reach that goal.

Thanks bigdaddy and Gary D, I am sure you will be tired of me before long with endless questions.

See you later guys

Hi MPC

MPC was money soldiers used during the Vietnam war, MPC was equivalent in value to the US Dollar. To restrict black marketing of this currency in Vietnam,  the money was regularly withdrawn and exchanged for the new issue of currency. People who possessed this money at the time of change over and were not legally entitled to own it, would lose it.

Cheers

Joey

Hi Joey,

Ah....those were the days.   Getting paid in Australian dollars, converting them to US dollars and going down to the markets in Singapore and Hong Kong and selling the US dollars to the Reds for a very handsome premium in Hong Kong dollars.  In those days, the US dollar was king and the Reds had to acquire them for use as foreign exchange....because their own currencies were less acceptable on the world currency markets.

Gary