Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
multifasited

Finally found system similar to mine .

4 posts in this topic

Hi ! from Georgia foot hills ,my DIY Ap ,systems ,are a blend of many ,My favorite is a wicking system using constant flow aerated fish water under raised containers of different depth containers in table tanks ,closed loop isolated from my fish ,using soil combinations to achieve differing plant requirements as to depth and moisture requirements {dirty waters system} and a modified Dutch bucket system ,attempting same results .Looking forward to ever changing advances in the AP process ,totally out side no greenhouse no money or plans to build one ,just growing for small family and friends ,producing more the we can eat ,great experience ,easy to maintain ,fun to work with ,no backbreaking work or weeding ,Gravel BIC grow bed taken over by cucumber shading tomatoes and peppers ,first yr. having a BLAST . Starting fall planting now !

Hi Multifasited,

Welcome to Aquaponics Nation.

My favorite is a wicking system using constant flow aerated fish water.....
I'm also enthusiastic about the possibilities of continuous flow wicking beds.....which I've embraced as part of my Ultimate growing system concept. Earthan beds are another similar approach - but different in that, where we use separate loops for fish production and for plants, they utilise a single recirculating loop between the fish tanks and the growing systems.

There's a lot that we have yet to learn around what works - and what doesn't....but the early signs are good.

.....having a BLAST
That's good. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

I invite you to peruse this thread......it will help you to make your way around Aquaponics Nation.....and my other web sites.

Gary

Welcome! Glad to hear of your good experience thus far. Looking forward to reading updates.