Sign in to follow this  
MichaelRoll

Addicted

Hello, everyone. I am Michael and I am an AP addict. I have been interested in AP for a couple of years and started my first system 3 weeks ago.

post-11066-13795791394598_thumb.jpgThis is a photo of my system 3 weeks ago. It is what some call a CHIFT-PIST set-up. 275 gallon tote as the fish tank gravity feeding into 4 grow beds filled with lava rock and dumping into a sump tank where the pump is. I am cycling with about 20 fry size tilapia and currently dealing with high nitrites and nitrates, so we have been adding plants and plan to add deep water culture to the system to combat the nitrogen issue.

http://youtu.be/DahrpwA1ixI

This video was shot yesterday.

I am looking forward to learning and sharing on this forum. Until then... Later

Glad you like the forum mike. I am relatively new, but spent quite a few months reading various forums and this is my favorite. The community here is very knowledgeable, mature and helpful. Also, I love that it is so broad and covers so many areas of interest. Continued success!

Hi Michael,

A belated welcome to APHQ.

Hello, everyone. I am Michael and I am an AP addict. I have been interested in AP for a couple of years and started my first system 3 weeks ago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7136[/ATTACH]This is a photo of my system 3 weeks ago. It is what some call a CHIFT-PIST set-up. 275 gallon tote as the fish tank gravity feeding into 4 grow beds filled with lava rock and dumping into a sump tank where the pump is. I am cycling with about 20 fry size tilapia and currently dealing with high nitrites and nitrates, so we have been adding plants and plan to add deep water culture to the system to combat the nitrogen issue.

http://youtu.be/DahrpwA1ixI

This video was shot yesterday.

I am looking forward to learning and sharing on this forum. Until then... Later

Thank you for your very comprehensive opening post and congratulations on the opening of your new still gardening system.

I invite you to peruse this post - it's intended to make your time at APHQ as enjoyable and helpful as possible.

Gary