Sign in to follow this  
Esox lucius

Greetings from Finland!

Hello everyone!

I have grown a different species and varieties of capsicums few years now and mostly in DIY hydroponic systems. I have always liked the idea and the taste of organically grown plants but hydro is just so much faster and there haven't been good option for organic hydro. Last summer I tried bioponic ebb & flow system. a step in the right direction I thought and now, just few weeks a go I heard about aquaponics.

So now I have modified the tank of my red-eared slider to a aquaponic system. I have several plants in it and so far they are green and alive. Some of them have started to flower and make fruits and some have slight over dose of nitrogen I think, but otherwise healthy. :)

Hi Esox Lucius,

Welcome to APHQ.

I have grown a different species and varieties of capsicums few years now and mostly in DIY hydroponic systems. I have always liked the idea and the taste of organically grown plants but hydro is just so much faster and there haven't been good option for organic hydro. Last summer I tried bioponic ebb & flow system. a step in the right direction I thought and now, just few weeks a go I heard about aquaponics.

You might find this thread useful in help you to get the most from your APHQ experience.

Gary