Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Michael.holdorf16

Aquaponics Survey for Lehigh University

9 posts in this topic

My name is Michael Holdorf and I am a freshman in Lehigh University's Integrated Business and Engineering Honors Program. I am currently working on a group project in a product development course that is focused on aquaponics technology. I would greatly appreciate if you would take the time to fill out a short survey that I have created to learn more about the market for aquaponics systems. The survey should take between 10-15 minutes. Thank you very much and have an excellent day.

Aquaponic Fish Tank Survey

For most of us here question #3 is way too low. If you are talking about the fish tank we are all well over 60 US gallons. You might also want to give metric measurements and / or specifically state US gallons. A UK gallon is different than a US gallon.

The materials and chemicals used in home freshwater aquariums is NOT food safe. Making a nice kit that grows some house plants that removes or lowers the need for water changes sounds like a good idea. People should still do at least one 20% water change per month to vacuum the gravel.

I'd like to know what experience any of you on the 'product development course' has in AP, HP or even RAS. There are so many people trying to cash in on the AP market that I hesitate to provide product information that may help yet another know-little web sales artist get a toe in the door.

I looked up the university. It seems legit, but a little odd that a freshman would be doing marketing research considering most freshman are taking prerequisites. Anyway it only takes a minute or two to answer the survey. Jobney gives very good point, if aquarium additives are used, then the aquarium is not safe for food production. A startup company would be quickly put out of business by the first claim of tainted food.

It was the 'Lehigh Uni' that triggered my bells - Jobney's point about additives kind of confirmed them. Would someone experienced at all in AP even consider additives?

Also, a few years back there was a scam running using the lehigh Course list. Forget the details now but do recall they used Prof names from there but those Profs had never heard of the courses being touted. Just being cautious.

Besides that, aren't Freshmen 1st year students in the States? The only Product Development courses in the list seem to be 2nd year...

It may still be legit, but...?

ya, freshman are 1st year students. There are some accelerated courses and top students can actually test out of 1st year courses and be in 2nd year classes and still be classified freshman. His IP address is pennslyvania and is registered to the college. He created a second thread instead of replying to points made in this one, that does trigger warning bells and makes the ban finger itchy.

yee-esss... one would think he'd come and defend his post, not try to make it go away by starting another. Particularly when it is a copy/paste of post #1 in this thread.

T'were me, t'would be a delete of the other thread. :D

T'were me.......his spamming arse might disappear.

Oops!.......T'were me........and his spamming arse did disappear.

Gary