Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest cloferba

Welcome everybody! :)

57 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

My name is Claudio and I am going to manage the forum software for the next months. My task is to resolve the forum issues and help the members with things they need related to the site (like change permissions, fix an avatar issue, etc).

Fell free to create a thread on this forum if you are having any forum issues and I will be glad to help you :)

Hi,

I engaged Claudio several months ago to begin upgrading the APQH forum. He's upgraded the vBulletin software to 4.2.0 and made a number of other changes which enhance the functionality of the forum.

Claudio......could you explain to our members what changes you've made that impact them.....like the "Thanks/Like" thing that allows members to rate the posts of other members.

On a personal level, my biggest concern at the moment are the spammers that are lining up in the Admin panel. Is there a plug-in that will help to control the spammers?

Regards......Gary

Sure Gary,

At this time I have upgraded the software to 4.2 version. I also installed the thanks/like mod and a plugin to have better urls (and improve search engine results).

You will see since yesterday that I´ve added a share function above all threads, that allows you to share the thread on Facebook, Google +, Tweet it or email it.

Now, Twitter also tweets new posts automatically (https://twitter.com/AquaponicsHQ) ;)

The other changes I made were internal, you won´t see visual improvements.

Regarding the spam, I´ll apply some changes in the next few days ;)

like my wife feels like I need a timer that kicks me out of APHQ after several hours... that way I could get some of the "honey do" list things done for her... lol

Hi Claudio,

In the past couple of days, all of the threads open with the first post....first!......rather than with the most recent post at the top of the thread.

Was that you?

Gary

Hi Claudio,

In the past couple of days, all of the threads open with the first post....first!......rather than with the most recent post at the top of the thread.

Was that you?

Gary

I figured that it was the update that changed the settings. I went into my preferences and reset the ordering to latest first and everything is fine.

Thank you Scott.

I've had to make that change so infrequently that I forgot how to do it.......and it's remarkable how difficult it can be to find something that is right under your nose.

Anyway, it's all good now. Thanks again.

Gary

...and it's remarkable how difficult it can be to find something that is right under your nose.

Anyway, it's all good now. Thanks again.

Gary

Yeah isn't it, I'w quit trying to fix it (anything) keep asking the kids so I never will learn I guess ?

How about Scott (?) makes some tutorial posts on how to do this and/or that ?

http://www.aquaponicshq.com/forums/feedback-suggestions/8028-welcome-everybody.html#post51350

is a invitation to start a post(s) on "problems" such as how to ................... navigate and use functions.

cheers

Don't know if this is where you want it Gary, but here's the directions for changing the "displaying forum messages" option:

Change forum posting order:

Click on "Settings" in upper right of screen

Scroll down to "My Account" in the left hand column near the bottom

Click on "General Settings"

Scroll down about 1/2 way to "Thread Display Options"

Find "Thread Display Mode:"

Select "Linear-Newest First"

Make sure to scroll down to the bottom and click "Save Changes" or you'll lose any changes you did make!!

Since you're on the page already, you might want to look through some of the other options and try them out. If you don't like them, just change them back! This is one of the easier forum type programs to modify for the individual user.

Nice work with the updates! I can use the site on my phone now without any hassles.

FYI - The mobile version shows the vBulletin logo instead of an APHQ logo.

Hi Claudio,

I seem to be spending increasing amounts of time weeding out the spammers.

Gary

Hi,

My last post turned out to be something of an understatement.....because we quickly found ourselves up against a full-blown spam attack.

You can see what we were up against in the last 24 hours by checking out the Spam-o-matic count on the forum front page.

Claudio got onto it quickly and things appear to be OK now.

Thanks Claudio.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I´m really sorry, I didn´t get any email from this thread so I thought there was no replies.

I´m happy to hear that there is no spam, I´m sure the forum was having a spam attack because it was from one day to another. I´ve never seen too much spam in only a few days!

About the way on how posts are displayed, the default option (and the most prefer one) is to display the first old thread at the beginning and the last ones at the last pages of a thread. So when I started to manage the forum I set this option as default because before this, the non common option (the one you prefer, the newest post at the beginning) was set as default.

There will be more changes and improvements in the following weeks :)

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

Click here if your browser d

Whats hapening ? getting the above message when posting, forum runing slow and the x2 postings are here again, others than me struggeling ?

cheers

Hi Ande,

The spam mechanism on the forum is set pretty tight (because of the spam attack that we experienced a week or two ago) so post with multiple links are being pushed through to moderation.

Gary

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

Click here if your browser d

Whats hapening ? getting the above message when posting, forum runing slow and the x2 postings are here again, others than me struggeling ?

cheers

I have modified this setting to allow up 2 links on a post. If someone make a post with more than 2 links, that post will be sent to moderation.

I have modified this setting to allow up 2 links on a post. If someone make a post with more than 2 links, that post will be sent to moderation.

Hehe no wonder "the link guy" have been struggeling LOL

Thanks for the info

cheers

Hi

I have problems with the "reply with quote " the qoute dosen't aper in the text frame

same with the "edit post" no text to aper for editing in the text frame so i can't edit

Something with my settings or with the forum?

It's not constant comes and goes

Also the restore auto-saved content function seems to come and go

Any advice help ?

cheers

Hi

I have problems with the "reply with quote " the qoute dosen't aper in the text frame

same with the "edit post" no text to aper for editing in the text frame so i can't edit

Something with my settings or with the forum?

It's not constant comes and goes

Also the restore auto-saved content function seems to come and go

Any advice help ?

cheers

Hi ande,

Which web browser and version are you using?

Thanks!

Hi cloferba

Firefox latest, seems that the proplems are gone now ?

cheers

Hi cloferba

Firefox latest, seems that the proplems are gone now ?

cheers

I have fixed it :)

Hi Claudio,

Can you lose the grass? I understand what you're trying to do - but the grass isn't working.

Thanks!

Gary

Hi Claudio,

Can you lose the grass? I understand what you're trying to do - but the grass isn't working.

Thanks!

Gary

Hi Gary,

I was making some changes to the template but only for admins for testing purposes. The grass should not be visible for registered users yet.

I also check this forum section everyday and not the Lounge forum so thanks for let me know that thread.

Regards

Hi Claudio,

Can you relax the spam manager a bit? We're still getting posts moderated for just having links in them.

Thanks....Gary