Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cyberdelic

Another newbie :)

4 posts in this topic

I've been into permaculture, backyard poultry, bee-keeping, etc. for a little while now, but aquaponics is definitely a new one for me...

I picked up a book called "Aquaponic Gardening: A Step-By-Step Guide to Raising Vegetables and Fish Together" by Sylvia Bernstein and got most of my quick "AP 101" information from that.

Mostly just hear to read about the systems everyone else is using and hopefully decide on something that is likely to work well for me.

The primary goal is to raise tilapia for food, with keeping a fairly low-maintenance system being a close second... I like the idea of using plant filtration, especially since my better-half tends to either over- or under-water her plants and this might be a good way to help minimize her naturally destructive force ;)

Anyhow, no need to post the obligatory "Welcome to the site" responses. You'll see me around the boards over the coming months, I'm sure. Just wanted to introduce myself.

--Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to APHQ. I welcome people to my forum, not because it's obligatory, but because that's what I do.

When you choose to return, I'll share a couple of things that you will have read in "Aquaponics Gardening" that are probably not in your medium to long term aquaponics interests.

Gary

When you choose to return, I'll share a couple of things that you will have read in "Aquaponics Gardening" that are probably not in your medium to long term aquaponics interests.

Thanks, Gary. I welcome any tips, suggestions, etc. From what I've seen on the forum so far, you've got quite a bit of experience with this stuff.

--Kevin