Sign in to follow this  
chainsaw

Salt & Vinegar Barra

Pat dry the Barra fillet (or other type of fish) and coat with egg wash. (Can delete egg wash if want to).

Smash up a packet of Salt & Vinegar chips until fine then coat the fish. Better leaving fish in the chips for awhile to add extra flavour.

I pan fry mine, 8 mins one side and 7 the other. Depends on thickness.

YUMMY.

Pat dry the Barra fillet (or other type of fish) and coat with egg wash. (Can delete egg wash if want to).

Smash up a packet of Salt & Vinegar chips until fine then coat the fish. Better leaving fish in the chips for awhile to add extra flavour.

I pan fry mine, 8 mins one side and 7 the other. Depends on thickness.

YUMMY.

Now that sounds good Chainsaw..I'll give that a go...Thanks for posting....

Cheers.

Another great coating is instant mash potato mix. I worked in Alaska for a few years and it was my favorite halibut recipe. A cup of flakes, 1/4 cup or so of parmasan and season to taste. Dip the fillet in egg, roll it in the flakes and fry or better deep fry. It makes a very light, golden potato coating that doesn't soak up the oil like some of the batters do.

I will definitely try the salt & vinegar recipe - sounds great

Another great coating is instant mash potato mix. I worked in Alaska for a few years and it was my favorite halibut recipe. A cup of flakes, 1/4 cup or so of parmasan and season to taste. Dip the fillet in egg, roll it in the flakes and fry or better deep fry. It makes a very light, golden potato coating that doesn't soak up the oil like some of the batters do.

I will definitely try the salt & vinegar recipe - sounds great

Hi tpilk, Will give that a go, but in Aus have only seen powder, must look around next time.