Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
erwin

12 inches

6 posts in this topic

While going around our neighborhood looking for areas to set-up aquaponics - found this in the recreation area lying. It is 12 inch diameter PVCs(not sure if they still call it PVC). This sure will fix any aquaponics clogging in my system. :)

post-4858-13795789339829_thumb.jpg.

post-4858-13795789340422_thumb.jpg

Hi Erwin,

While it might resolve your clogging problems, you may find that it contains toxic materials. Not all PVC pipe is good for use with water. Do your homework before you take it home.:wink:

Gary

While it might resolve your clogging problems, you may find that it contains toxic materials. Not all PVC pipe is good for use with water. Do your homework before you take it home.:wink:

Gary

Is there markings on PVC pipe, to indicate? Where I stay white PVC is not suitable, Blue - drinking water orange - waste water.

BR

J

Hi Johan,

I assume that if something is safe for drinking water it should be OK for use in aquaponics. Having said that, I know nothing about how stringently the authorities in Mozambique police such things.

Gary

Gary

We have a saying here "enough green heads and my eyes goes blind", however in the Philippines where I stay they quite strict. My country of birth South Africa, the watch dog is SABS and they very strict.

BR

J

Hi Johan,

In Australia, corruption is probably much more subtle (and expensive) and often takes the form of corporate funding of university research or "independent" laboratory trials to produce a desired pre-determined outcome.

The tobacco, pharmaceutical, petrochemical and agribusiness lobbies have been playing these games since they began.

Gary