Sign in to follow this  
GaryD

Hydroponic X-press

Hi,

My recent trip to Perth, included a visit to Hydroponic X-press.

Arguably the best set up hydroponics business that I’ve ever seen, Hydroponics X-press has a very comprehensive array of hydro systems.

Most of the hydro shops that I've visited seem geared to the needs and interests of dope growers.....but this place is different. Not only do they showcase the various hydro systems on offer, but they do so in such a way that they produce a lot of food and decorative plants.

Deliah (the owner of Hydroponics X-press and AquaponicsWA), and her team, welcome visitors and stand ready to provide advice.

Well worth a visit if you happen to live in Perth or are planning a trip to WA.

Gary

post-2-13795789064437_thumb.jpg

post-2-1379578906502_thumb.jpg

post-2-13795789065606_thumb.jpg

post-2-13795789066107_thumb.jpg

post-2-13795789066604_thumb.jpg

post-2-13795789067107_thumb.jpg

this is really nice stuff :D :D :D if only i could visit .. :D

No doubt in my mind that the future of food security does NOT lie in the earth, primarily, but in the use of how to takee the best from mother earth, and apply it for the better of all :D

Hi Vihalvor,

I think that the future of food is with a combination of strategies......including growing in soil. I hope that we learn to work with the planet rather than, as we have done for the past 120 years, against it.

A more sensitive approach to growing in soil......coupled with appropriate technology....is, in my opinion, the way of the future.

To be candid, aquaponics (in its basic flood and drain context) is only ever going to be a bit player in food production. Hydroponics will probably always dominate the marketplace when it comes to food produced by soilless gardening.

Gary

Hi,

I've had a couple of people ask questions about the photos that I posted at the beginning of this thread.

1 - Desert-rose - hydroponically-grown - beautiful flowers - look like bonsai trees.

2 - Pawpaw trees - there are 14 of them in a 120mm deep grow bed - so much for the argument about what can be grown in what size grow bed - attached to an aquaponics system.

3 - Banana trees - hydroponically-grown

4 - Barramundi - these fish are several years old and weigh between 2.5 and 3.5kg.

5 - More pawpaw trees - a plantation of them in fact -

6 - Some of the very extensive NFT systems in the foreground and hydro corn in the long grow troughs in the background.

Gary