Sign in to follow this  
Nikita

Anyone here using or familiar with General Hydroponics - AeroFlo & RainForest aeroponics systems?

Hi all -

I admit I'm fairly new to all this, but have been watching what others have been doing, and recently there has been much more of this sort of home hydroponics projects going on. Of course, what I've also noticed is there is no shortage of different answers about choices of growing techniques, systems and nutrients.

One choice that has gotten my attention are the aeroponics systems that come from General Hydroponics. Making any choice along these lines is a bit of an investment, so I wanted to get some opinions or actual experiences that might be available in these forums.

I like the concept of aeroponics, and the examples I have seen are quite prolific, one can fit a lot of food & herb production into a relatively small greenhouse.

So . . . any thoughts or suggestions are very much appreciated.

Honestly I have not tried hydroponic or Aeroponics as they are not something I can just run down to the store and buy and even if I could they always seem very costly to me. So I went with aquaponics I admit I didn't build the standard flood and drain system as it didn't make that much sense to me. I went with what is considered a more advanced system, for overall ease, As from what I have learned about Hydroponics many things can only be used and couple of times then need to be discarded and you have to buy them again. Like Hydroton, many things are changed because of the worry of contamination issues. So there is a constant expense with these systems. But it really comes down to personal choice. You like what you like and in the end that is what you will do, no matter the thoughts of others.. :)