kingjam

Kaldnes K1 biofilter media

52 posts in this topic

I know pugo has managed to find a cheap source of it, china based i believe, but should ship, so I'd wait for a post from him. I paid around 1 pound a liter, which is about $1.6, so if you can get it lower than that you have beat UK prices.

If it comes from China the shipping will probably bring the cost up as it has to come to Florida

Drop an email to Fifi Pan ask for a qoute.. on K1 and ask about black brushes. both are very low cost..

fifipan08@vip.126.com

When I ordered it cost me less than half the price including shipping for the everything than just ordering K1 from the west.

I forget. What was wrong with the green brushes?

What site was Fifi Pan with?

Edit: Fifi Pan google search... Guangzhou Lijing Co. Ltd

I'm going to guess that the K1 is counterfeit but if it works and is not full of lead then I guess it's good.

http://www.gzshanshu.com/ <--- wait for the music!

Yeah, That was the place you gave me Jobney, yes the green brushes. but I found they have black brushes too... They don't really carry K1 they have to order it form another guy.. but I bet if everyone keeps ordering it they will start..

Yeah I just found my old post to find that it was the same site. I'll safely bet it's not real k1 but just as good. Is it still floating on you?

Yeah, That was the place you gave me Jobney, yes the green brushes. but I found they have black brushes too... They don't really carry K1 they have to order it form another guy.. but I bet if everyone keeps ordering it they will start..

Working like it should as best I can tell. However as I was tracking K1 down in China, one company that made it said if I wanted to buy I have to do it through evolution and the other said they would only sell it at a minimum 10 cubic meters at a time, which was something like $6,000. I asked for help from Fifi, she emailed me back with a website that was all in Chinese and no real way to contact the guy. So Fifi contacted him and they had the stuff sent it to her company and she sent it to me along with the brushes. I told them I would tell others and this is what I am doing now.. sharing the good news.

I remember... that was the site I used google translate on.

Working like it should as best I can tell. However as I was tracking K1 down in China, one company that made it said if I wanted to buy I have to do it through evolution and the other said they would only sell it at a minimum 10 cubic meters at a time, which was something like $6,000. I asked for help from Fifi, she emailed me back with a website that was all in Chinese and no real way to contact the guy. So Fifi contacted him and they had the stuff sent it to her company and she sent it to me along with the brushes. I told them I would tell others and this is what I am doing now.. sharing the good news.

No, I just saw that Pugo was trying to get the brand named filter brushes in Taiwan with no luck so I found a Chinese manufacturer for him.

Thanks Pugo and Jobney for your help. Did Jobney buy stuff from Fifi?

Kingjam

It would be nice if Kaldness sold K1 premixed with 25% Biochip media. The Biochip media is too expensive to buy for the small amounts needed for small scale systems. Maybe I'll premix a batch and sell it on ebay.

I noticed they had K1 and K3 but didn't see any bio chips. The Chinese supplier's the stuff seems very durable. So I have no complaint with it. the filter brushes on cost something like 3 dollars each so the cost was 25% of the western price.

The cost of everything was something like $150.00 I ordered eight filter brushes, 1000 liters of K1, the shipping was included. finding that everything was like two thirds the cost of just buying K1. Although I found out I needed 16 brushes.

1000 liters of K1? That's 20 of the normal 50L bags. 264 gallons. That would be over $2000 USD for the real stuff.

I also have sent an email requesting a price quote to Sarasota, Fl but have not yet recieved a reply

Hi,

You should be aware of the fact that some Chinese manufacturers have replicated Kaldnes K1.....but not everything that looks like K1 works like K1.

I don't know how to tell the two items apart but it's worth checking things closely if you are buying other than the real Kaldnes K1.

Gary

I think Pugo's stuff is replicated. We'll have to wait and see how it works once it's matured.

The MB3 stuff looks to be made in the US. The company sells large scale recirculating indoor aquaculture equipment. http://www.w-m-t.com/

Hi,

You should be aware of the fact that some Chinese manufacturers have replicated Kaldnes K1.....but not everything that looks like K1 works like K1.

I don't know how to tell the two items apart but it's worth checking things closely if you are buying other than the real Kaldnes K1.

Gary

Hi Jobney,

There are several people making "knock offs".....some seem to work better than others. It was something to do with the type of plastic that the problem ones were made of.

Gary

There are several people making "knock offs".....some seem to work better than others. It was something to do with the type of plastic that the problem ones were made of.

If you were involved at a commercial level, then selection of media and proven/measurable results are important. From the home users point of view, as long as the amount of food the media will handle is known (and is true), biofilters can be whipped easily enough with any media for a much lower cost than the original K1 from Veolia who are riding on substantial experiance around the globe with waste water treatment (hence the price). Some of the product out of Asia has very similar if not greater capacity than the original Kaldnes.

I think Pugo's stuff is replicated. We'll have to wait and see how it works once it's matured.

The MB3 stuff looks to be made in the US. The company sells large scale recirculating indoor aquaculture equipment. http://www.w-m-t.com/

jobney,

the wmt site doesn't give any price. Usually when a company does this they are the factory or only sell wholesale and not retail small amounts.

As my replica K1 seems to be doing a great job right now, I can't see any difference other than it seems to be cycling a little faster than what Kaldnes said it would..the fish tank is crystal clear this evening and I noticed a light brown tint to the water in the moving bed filter. which I think is the K1 but if you look close you can't see anything. Oh and the dead spot is gone it is all moving very well now.

Edited by Pugo (see edit history)