Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johan

A big hello! from Taiwan

34 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I'm a South African working in Taiwan. I don't have a system yet, but just recently started reading about it. I'm learning a lot from going through the posts and hope to get going soon enough!

Johan

Hello Johan,

Welcome to APHQ! Great to have you with us. Let us know if you have any questions. We're always happy to help!

Thank you for the kind words! I haven't been on recently and only now have the time! I've started a small system on my balcony and everything looks fine so far!

Thanks again!

Johan

Welcome back, feeling lonely here being the only guy from Taiwan.

Welcome back, feeling lonely here being the only guy from Taiwan.

What about that lovely fellow Nelson? Wasn't he in Taiwan?

I thought Gary would at least have made him a Immoderator!!

Cheers IanK

He became infected with a Scandinavian folklore disease and left the forum to recover.

He became infected with a Scandinavian folklore disease and left the forum to recover.

Do you mean he has become a Grimm's fairy tale or an Ogre under the bridge? I don't really get cryptic things. I'm not very smart.

What ever . . .

Congrats on becoming a valued contributor and a Gary appointed "Moderator'

Just between you and me . . . .

I will allways try to positively contribute whenever I can . . . from my own experiences, even though I may have offered some advice before I actually experienced something in direct doing!. . . . as Gary has previously suggested (and correctly so!) that I may have done in the past. That being said, I still enjoy designing and offering solutions from a completely "theoristic" as well as an "practical" point of view. However, . . . all of my opinions, ideas, designs and options are based on my "external" and past professional and personal expertise and "perceived" skills.

I will never detract from proven fact, nor disregard fresh ideas. As Mark Antony said " Show me I am am wrong in fact and I will gladly adopt what you believe!"

Cheers Ian K

I'm a bluddy good draftsman, very handy with my hands and tools and enjoy building and fabricating.

I apologize for being cryptic Trolls come from Scandinavian folklore.

I usually avoid tooting my own horn at all costs.. I'm an Engineer I have been in the food processing industry for years, form waste water management, to water quality, machinery, machinery design, you name it, electronic control systems for the machinery, I dealt with everything that went into keep the plant going. I know in Australia you call mechanics by the title of engineers, but not in America In America mechanics work for Engineers. Then for years and years my hobby has been Aquariums I almost always keep something that was around 100 gallons, Salt and freshwater systems,

Now I have started my second life as an English teacher, and how I got to this point, is to long to explain. But Aquapoincs seems like something that was invented just for me...LOL

Hi Uncle Sam,

I quickly re-read all of your posts and three things occurred to me:

• You had nothing useful to say in any of them
  • You've contravened our forum rules
  • You obviously have a personal bent around Pugo (shades of Nelson)

Anyway, c'est la vie......you're gone.

Gary

Hi Pugo,

I know in Australia you call mechanics by the title of engineers, but not in America In America mechanics work for Engineers.

Just by way of clarification, mechanics in Australia are tradespeople who have generally completed a 4 year apprenticeship.

Also, in Australia, engineers are generally people who have completed a University degree of not less than three years' duration.

For what it's worth, neither vocation would usually want to be confused with the other.

Engineers usually see themselves as professionals (and therefore above the trades) and tradespeople usually see themselves as very practical people who often have to resolve problems created by engineers.

Of course, there are no doubt mechanics who present themselves as engineers but that's a self-esteem issue rather than one of nationality.

Gary

Yep, I no wat ya meen!

sicks munce aggo i coodant ephen spel Injunear, now i ar wun!!

IanK

Hi Bunya Boy,

Thanks for the comic relief.

I will allways try to positively contribute whenever I can . . . from my own experiences, even though I may have offered some advice before I actually experienced something in direct doing!. . . . as Gary has previously suggested (and correctly so!) that I may have done in the past.

I've heard you infer that before.....but I think you may have taken something that I said out of context. By all means, point me to the post and, if I'm wrong, I'll apologise.

I don't usually insist that relevant and factual advice be connected to experience (as much as I value experience). but, if I did so in your case, I'll cop it sweet.

I'm a bluddy good draftsman, very handy with my hands and tools and enjoy building and fabricating.

And that's been my experience of you, too.

Gary

Thank you for the clarification on that, As I was going by information that was given to me years ago. And it is true mechanics often have that opinion of us.

Edited by Pugo (see edit history)

Nelson,

As you have been ban form the forum countless times using other login names, that and you have nothing to offer anyone here worth reading.

So I have ban you for childish behavior.

Edited by Pugo (see edit history)

I was out of town this weekend, and apparently missed Chris Leon's (Nelson, pascal, christopher, uncle sam, et. al) latest shenanigans. Obviously my decision to just temp ban "nelson" (his original username) was a poor choice. Sorry guys.

Well after this guy, I will no longer hesitate to make a decision I will just take care of whoever it is..

Hahaha wow, what wrong with that guy, he just wants to antagonize and pick a fight. I wonder why he doesn't like pugo? Pugo is legit!

Honestly I have no idea way. I don't think I ever did anything to him that I am aware of, except once I asked not to attack other members for poor English skills after that he was on me. I think he is troubled in some way.

Bahaha! wow thats sad, i'm sorry he was doing that, but hey at least we don't have to deal with him now. That is if he doesn't go out again and make another account....fingers crossed that he doesn't.

Nelson is back as SWEETCORN now I see!

wwwDOTtaiwanaquaponicsDOTcom webDOTtaiwanaquaponicsDOTcom e-mail goes to. . . . Chris Leon!!

Behold another attempt to belittle anyone who dares to question his methods and motives.

Get rid of him altogether and let his AP endeavours in Taiwan stay in Taiwan!

Cheers IanK

Edited by kellenw
removing links to the troll's sites :-) (see edit history)

Well we are not the ones to judge sweetcorn. And if you think that you are the one to judge, please keep it off the internet please. The last thing anyone wants is people fighting about small things. Life is already short enough, so why make more enemies. Just please know that this is a community, and we will do our best to keep each other in line.

Good Day and Godbless,

Austin