GaryD

Online Urban Aquaponics Manual - NOW OPEN!

30 posts in this topic

Hi,

It's been about seven years since we first published the Urban Aquaponics Manual.....and over three years since we created the Online version.

Some time back, in response to requests for another print version, I started to draft the fourth edition.

What I thought would be a bit of a tidy up has turned into a total rewrite.

I'm working hard on the new edition and it should be available in the coming weeks.

Gary

kellenw and ande like this

Hi,

I know……it’s been a while.

The past year has presented some attitude-changing challenges.  Suffice to say, we’ve met the challenges - and we’re still standing.

One of the good things that has happened is that our passion for urban food production has been re-ignited. 

Producing a new edition of a publication like the Urban Aquaponics Manual requires that everything be as close to perfect as can be – before you go to print or, in our case, put it online.  I’m frequently caught in the perfection trap.  What I’ve been slow to realize, however, is that too many opportunities are lost in pursuit of perfection.

So, while we’re still determined to have the very best Aquaponics Manual in the world….we’re chunking things down so they happen…..faster!

The 4th Edition of the Manual amounts to a substantial rewrite of several chapters.   Just as we thought it was time to roll it out, Dr Mark McMurtry entered the picture.  While we had made brief mention of Mark and his integrated aqua-vegeculture system (iAVs), we had no real understanding of how significant Mark's work was.....nor of the pivotal role that he playing in the development of aquaponics as we now understand it.

Anyway, we've decided that, if we wait until everything is done, the 4th Edition will never see the light of day......so we'll be rolling it out a few sections at a time.....adding new material as it's completed.

In the meantime, we'll be providing FREE access to the 3rd Edition.

So, if you're not already a subscriber.....and you'd like a FREE subscription to the 3rd Edition of the Urban Aquaponics Manual.....click HERE.  Provide us with a valid email address and we'll activate your FREE subscription.

Gary

PS......each subscription has to be manually activated, so it may take a few hours for us to respond to your request.....but we will get it happening for you.

Edited by GaryD (see edit history)
Rotaco likes this

Hi,

Just a tip for those who are taking advantage of my FREE offer of access to the Online Urban Aquaponics Manual (3rd Edition)    ....every section has a PDF text document.  This is the backbone of the section.  Be sure to click on the title of each section.......each title is a hyperlink.......and that will open up the text content in the section.

Enjoy!

Gary