Sign in to follow this  
headinthecloud

Fish Suppliers

I am picking up my Jade Perch from a hatchery at Beenleigh (between Gold Coast and Brisbane, Qld) on Wednesday - I will post more details about what they breed once I have visited. So far they have been great to deal with.

Please post the fish suppliers/hatchery name address phone and email / web details HERE IN THIS THREAD and one of the admin/mods will collect/move the details together into one post. Then we will make this thread sticky.

We need details for the whole of Australia and overseas for the international members please.

Please only post details of suppliers that are significant ....not just the local pet shop/aquarium unless they are particularly special in some way.

For example I came across an aquarium shop the other day that sells Silver Perch for $28.50 each I had to restrain myself from ordering a hundred of them........:rolleyes:

They said they are very keen to supply people setting up aquaponics systems. I am sure they would be......:D

Ausyfish Pty Ltd P. O. Box 324 Childers Qld 4660. Ph 07 4126 2226 enquiries@ausyfish.com http://www.ausyfish.com

S.E.Q Fish Pty Ltd 1044 Beaudesert Beenleigh Road Luscombe Qld. Ph 07 5546 4462 sales@seqfish.com.au www.seqfish.com.au (Posted by Hamish)

WBA hatcheries barra fingerlings ranging from 30mm to 100 mm.... 2 Harma Rd West Beach South Australia ph: 08 8235 0489 (posed by djs-sa)

I have just received a batch of 100 Jades from Ausy fish today 29 July. They are late season around 100mm long and look really good.

They were the price you normally pay for little guys. Well done to Bruce and his merry men.

Chris

I have been dudded, :P

I got 100 yesterday and they would be 30mm long at best.

I don't care really....Jades grow very quickly anyway.

The important thing is that Jades settle in very quickly and are a very active and ready feeders.

Good luck to you Sunshine.

It means that we can all gatecrash your place for a fish BBQ a lot earlier than we had planned.......:)

I have been dudded, :P

I got 100 yesterday and they would be 30mm long at best.

I don't care really....Jades grow very quickly anyway.

The important thing is that Jades settle in very quickly and are a very active and ready feeders.

Good luck to you Sunshine.

It means that we can all gatecrash your place for a fish BBQ a lot earlier than we had planned.......:)

Well you still did better than me - some of mine would have been 10mm long!

Not really too worried that I got mine so small - it gave my system time to mature slowly which seems to have been good in the long run. No point having big fish and no veges or small fish and loads of veges or the system will either run high on Nitrates or low on nitrates.

As it turns out the difference between small fry of 10mm and decent fish of 8cm seems to be about 4 - 6 weeks in my system. So pretty happy with that. And I can learn as I go which is nice.

Hi does anyone know of a supplier of golden perch. We tried ausyfish today but no luck. Does anyone or has anyone got fish from seqfish at Luscombe near Beaudesert. We wanted something different from the jade perch to add variety but to grow out quickly. Currently have a 500lt glass tank with nothing in it except for a few mollies and guppies and heaps of snails.

OK back to fish suppliers... is there a local supplier to Canberra region who is going to hatch their own? or shoud we be looking ****her (far ther) afield? this is a real word buthen again I am English so.... grin......

Gra.:confused:

Hi Graham,

.....or shoud we be looking ****her (far ther) afield? this is a real word buthen again I am English so.... grin......

Yes.....it's evidence that our language editor is working overtime again. It's a small price to pay to ensure that our site is acceptable for a mixed age international audience. It's one of the things that separates this forum from many others.

In the meantime, you can't say ***** or ***** and certainly never ever ****.......and I'm beginning to wonder if we should allow buthen English-speaking one....icon7.gif

Gary

These are the closest places from the various aquaculture listings I've accumulated. Never dealt with any of them and the listings are a bit old, so nothing guaranteed. Any feedback welcomed as I'm trying to produce a nation-wide listing of all suppliers to be made a "sticky".

Murray Cod Hatcheries

Rmb 626 Sturt Highway

WAGGA WAGGA

NSW 2650 *

ph: 02 69227360

fax: 02 69227619

Murray Darling Fisheries

1795 Old Narrandera Road

WAGGA WAGGA

NSW 2650 *

ph: 02 69229447

Narooma Aquaculture P/L

Old South Coast Road

NAROOMA

NSW 2546 *

ph: 02 44762840

ph: 0414 762840

Silverwater Native Fish

Old Wagga Road

GRONG GRONG

NSW 2652 *

ph: 02 69562122

Snowy Mountain Trout (Tumut)

Mtn Trout Farm Blowering Dam

JONES BRIDGE

NSW 2720 *

ph: 02 69473612

fax: 02 69473755

Triton Trout Farm

Goobragandra River Road

LACMALAC

NSW 2720 *

ph: 02 69475759

Uarah Fisheries

Old Wagga Road

GRONG GRONG

NSW 2652 *

ph: 0428 696927

ph: 02 69562147

fax: 02 69562245

We Grow Em Yabbies

PO Box 196

BURONGA

NSW 2739 *

ph: 03 50236077

fax: 03 50237676

Ocean Offspring

14 Ernest Street

QUEANBEYAN

ACT 2620 *

ph: 02 62995875

Here is a Victorian one, I havent used them yet but will shortly:

Possibly the worst website in history but here tis :)

Wartook Native Fish Culture

http://users.netwit.net.au/~wnfc/index.html

RMB, 7389A, Roses Gap Rd.

WARTOOK, VICTORIA, 3401,

AUSTRALIA

Phone: 61 3 5383 6306

Fax: 61 3 5383 6243

Email: wnfc@netconnect.com.au