Sign in to follow this  
Murray

Murray Cod

Terrible news Muzz. Running salt should be part of the equation for all of us. I guess the trick is to find the level which protects the fish and doesn't harm the plants. Somewhere between 2 and 4ppm sounds ok, we need to do more definitive trials.

Strawberries are our canaries but I have never grown them in AP. I have always run at least 3ppm salt, you can taste it in the celery! I found transplanted peas died and put it down to salt without really knowing. Have not really had any other probs, but i had a pretty stable system with high water volume, 6-7,000lts and low variation in things like pH and hardness. I reckon the salt had a lot to do with not losing silvers during winter when water temps got down to 8-9C. That and the organic pellet.

Murray the only thing i have found that does not like salt is strawberries oh 1 cucumber died after transplant that could have been anything

in the ap at the moment i have cabbage 4 kinds chillies tomato corn [not much dirt garden doiing better this year] cauli

you need a dirt garden as well [with wicking beds:p] you can make it sq ft garden if you like i am going to try one with just cocopete