Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
grutter

Where can I get BSF

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of somewhere that I can buy BSF lava?? I live in Yeppoon, CQ near Rockhampton and want to use BSFL for fish and chicken feed. I have been rumaging though peoples compost bins for a while now looking for them and can't find any. I will be in Brisbane from the 30th of September to the 4th of October and would be happy to pick some up from a Brisbane source. I would also be happy to be a free distribution source in this area for people who want them once I got them established.

Hi

We would also love to get hold of some BSF. They sound like wonderful creatures. :) Does anyone know of a supply near Bundaberg or whether they would survive being sent by mail?

Thanks

Trish

Hi,

The BSF larvae that we've been harvesting, for the past week or so, are about half the size they should be. They are the same colour and shape as the full-size larvae but much smaller......and they seem pretty lethargic. I'm hoping that they come good soon.

Gary

Hi Gary

Do you think that the smaller BSL larvae is due to the fact that we haven't hit real summer weather yet?

Do you sell larvae? If so, would they survive the mail system?

We are going to start digging around in our compost heaps this afternoon but not confident that we will find any.

Trish

Rabee likes this

Hello every one ,

I am Syrian, living in Malaysia now and planing to fly back home soon to start my Chicken farm there. i hope i can get BSFL starter as i dont think i can get it in Syria. any one can help on this issue by answering me about the place i can get the starter ! and how long can the eggs or starter be kept in a bag  alive till i reach home by airplane as i need to keep them for 25 to 30 hours....

Can Black Soldiers co-exist in Syria as we have 4 seasons , winter 10 C to 17 and summer 25 c to 37 c ?

Thanks in advance 

Regards 

Rabee