GaryD

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum...

I started this forum (as Aquaponics HQ) in collaboration with Murray Hallam back in 2007 or thereabouts.  

Murray eventually peeled off to build his business and to become the most widely-regognised face of Aquaponics in the world...and I carried on as the sole owner of APHQ.

In 2013, Google destroyed our Page 1 ranking and I ran out of steam.  I gifted the forum to Kellen...who assumed its stewardship,  and put it back on a sound technical footing.  

Long story short...a few days ago, he offered it back to me...and I accepted the offer.

In the coming posts, I'll update you on what I've been up to for the past six years...and what led to my decision to resume stewardship of the forum.

I'd like to get a sense of the state of things before we start to breathe some life back into APN.

First, I'd like to get a sense of how many of our old members are still standing...and to pay my respects to our moderator team.

Feel free to chime in...and let me know you're still here.

I've been looking at the people who have visited the forum in the past 24 hours.  

We've clearly got some characters in that list that shouldn't be here...largely spam bots that have crashed the forum security arrangements.  As soon as resources permit, we'll upgrade the forum software and that will give us better control of the bots.