Sign in to follow this  
wild

The BioPod - Black Soldier Fly Larvae Harvester

I recently received a BioPod and thought that before I start using it I should video it so that those that haven't seen one before can get a better idea on how they work.

So here is the link to the YouTube video:

When researching the BSF I also found some interesting info about it so put that into the video as well. I also wrote this blog article on it which is basically a text version of what I say in the video. Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers, Andrew.

is it just me or seems a lot of work to feed fish, surely makes more sense to keep chickens etc and then pull one of these out of the freezer every few weeks?

I'm really interested in zero cost feeding as to me it seems where most people are going wrong with aquaponics is that the costs of feed etc outweigh the costs to purchase the fish down at the markets (and with no labour charges). Often this argument is countered with....yes but look at all the free veges you get - as you know nothing is free and those veges also cost a large amount of time which is never really calculated into the equation.

Now for me personally....golf sucks so a hobby isnt a bad way to go BUT the question remains....doest this seem like a lot of work? What the cheapest/easiest way to feed our fish with non purchased food items.