Ravnis

health and diet changes

So in my absence from here , I have been researching like a madman hydrogen water and ketogenic diet.  A little back story, my wife has severe autoimmune diseases mainly rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.  Her feet used to look like balloons.  When I saw the post about ERW water I went on a tangent reading research articles. I discovered it was the antioxidant effect of hydrogen gas and it acting as a cell mediator that  appeared to be the causative agent.   The machine to make the hydrogen water is very expensive. I came across some ideas of making it with a magnesium rod. So I ordered magnesium rods and after sterilizing them. I took a soda bottle  and adding malic acid and filled it up with water.

We had started the ketogenic diet, kind of haphazardly as we had done other carb restriction diets before. When we added the hydrogen water, we saw increased weight loss. I was prediabetic, but my sugar levels dropped to normal levels without medication. with the combo of the hydrogen water and keto diet we both loss about 30 lbs. Best of all the pain levels that my wife had dropped significanlty. I was having to push her around in a wheel chair and was resigned that I was going to have to have a ramp or lift installed.  Her feet are now normal sized and she is wearing shoes she could not fit in for years. The most wonderful thing is we went on a mile hike last month. This was not something we could even conceive of as being a realistic possibility until we combined hydrogen water with Keto. dieting. If your experiencing irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes  type 2, arthritis, or other autoimmune disorder. I would encourage you to look into  this. I only regret we didn't do this years ago. 

Ain't it just amazing what modern doctors can't/won't tell us about some of the holistic remedies.  

I don't know anything, yet, about ERW water, but I have spent quite a bit of time researching colloidal silver, oregano oil, and cannabis oils and tinctures to name a few.  Doctors aren't very interested in suggesting something "home-brewed".  

Glad you found something that helps.

Hi Rav and all,

I'm glad to see both of your health issues have improved.

I started the keto diet about a year ago. Every morning since I started I have a bulletproof coffee. I initially went on a 8 week plan and stuck to it reasonably rigidtly apart from the odd special occasion which I indulged and had normal food for dinner. Before those dinners, I did drink a keto substitute (salts) drink before the meal which helped keep the ketones up when the carb intake increased. Long story short, I lost 18kgs within a couple of months and I did not do any extra exersize.

Where I live, men are encouraged to get "mens tests" every year (a set of blood tests which measures your colestorals, blood sugars PSA's and a few extra tests which I can not remember. I did one of them when I started this diet and had good reason to do another 4 months after and found my already good sugars were still good and my aready good overall colestoral which was very good had dropped so I am encouraged that a high fat, medium protein and low carb diet when done well, helps my colestoral.

Having done various diets before, including the juice diet I mentioned a couple of years ago, I found this diet to be reasonably easy.

I still struggle with my addictive nature like eating way too many cashews, but have not had a coke since the day I started the diet. I may of had 1 packet of potato chips overall but still lo-ove my coffee, in particular, caps....I have stopped using cows milk and use a particular almond milk to make or order caps when going out. This has also helped in the keeping the weight under control thing.

I would also say though, if you are thinking about this diet then commit to doing it all the time or I do not think it will work, you do not want to get the yo yo effect when your body is constantly adjusting to a fat diet then a carb diet. Another thing is, I found I needed to drastically increase my water intake to well over 2 litres a day

I'm just saying these things just to give information about my experience. One thing I would warn about , is not to go against your doctors advise. If they advise not to do the diet then do not.My G.P is non plussed about it, he neither encourages or discourages it.

I want to investigate and research CBD oil (cannibis oil without the THC componant in it) as my daughter suffers depression amonst other things and see if it actually works. I have asked my uncle who was a surgeon before he retired and is very knowlegable about medical things about it and his answer to me is there is research around which says it may be helpful for certain things or words to that effect.I have a friend who has MND who uses it and it seems to help, I have another friend who has a particular internal arthritis, I can't remember the name who is usung a government sanctioned CBD oil and he swears by it. In this state in this country, the trick is finding a G.P. (doctor who is prepared to help you jump the hurdles the government, medical profession and big Pharma have put in the way) I've yet to get into that as it is time consuming and I have my own personal issues to sort out first.

I'm very interested in your ERW water could you elaborate more please?

Cheers.

Edited by bigdaddy (see edit history)

I would think it would be more correctly called hydrogenated water.   I found where someone was putting a magnesium rod in a testube and allowing the gas to bubble in the water to get pressurized hydrogen gas.  After doing to experiments and purchasing a titration kit that test dissolved hydrogen gas in water I found I could just add a magnesium rod to a empty soda bottle( I use a diet mountain dew bottle) and add malic acid 1/2 teaspoon to 500 ml/ 16.9 oz  of water.  After it bubbles for a few minutes, I shake the powder till duly dissolved and put it in the fridge for a few hours. When I open a bottle it runs around 500 ppm dissolved hydrogen.  I try to drink this down quickly to get the bubbles int he body.