Edit History

ande

ande

Hi again

On 20.2.2019 at 1:28 AM, chily said:

Buddy has a pond on backyard since June 2018, he's got trouts there and some perches there. The volume of the pond is approx 30,000 liters and is placed in shadow. He use pond filter GREEN RESET 100L (2x25W UV-C, 100 l volume, 16 000 l/h).

As a rule of thumb all the water from the pond should be run thru a filter once an hour minimum, so from the outset you are 14,000 short.

So a add on filter (any) is a good idea IMO.

I would go back to your first idea, with some sort of settling filter (any) to take out the solids in the water flow .

I do think you complicate the process unnecessarily much with all the piping involved, and honestly  can't see the point of using a siphon & the eurobox other than the fun of fiddling and tinkering.

I would go for a constant subsurface  flow in the growbed, let the water drop directly to any next levels (creating splash /aeration)  .

On 18.5.2019 at 6:56 PM, chily said:

I haven't bought a pump yet, will you help me a little? Will it be enough?
Max head: 4,5 m
Flow rate: 9500 l/h
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquafort...191684?hash=item2cea7670c4:g:gLEAAOSwTpVc3HMm

The flow rate chart of this specific pump is here

03287_ECOMAX_O-6500_SERIE_FILTERPUMPE_1.jpg

As you can se in the chart, the flow rate is down to  about about 4500 L/h at 2,5m lift

pumpSelect.jpg

However you are lifting the water to the top of the growbed (or swirl filter ) and not to the bottom , so you have to add a bit more to your total lift (static head) .

There is no hight measurements on the AP-unit in your drawing, but there is one on the barrels in the initial layout (67cm) , so counting the sidepanel boards on the later drawings my guesstimate is ruffly an additional 1m static head. 

So a total of 3,5m static head gives you a max flow of approximately 2200 L/h not counting the dynamic head loss.

cheers     

ande

ande

Hi again

On 20.2.2019 at 1:28 AM, chily said:

Buddy has a pond on backyard since June 2018, he's got trouts there and some perches there. The volume of the pond is approx 30,000 liters and is placed in shadow. He use pond filter GREEN RESET 100L (2x25W UV-C, 100 l volume, 16 000 l/h).

As a rule of thumb all the water from the pond should be run thru a filter once an hour minimum, so from the outset you are 14,000 short.

So a add on filter (any) is a good idea IMO.

I would go back to your first idea, with some sort of settling filter (any) to take out the solids in the water flow .

I do think you complicate the process unnecessarily much with all the piping involved, and honestly  can't see the point of using a siphon & the eurobox other than the fun of fiddling and tinkering.

I would go for a constant subsurface  flow in the growbed, let the water drop directly to any next levels (creating splash /aeration)  .

I haven't bought a pump yet, will you help me a little? Will it be enough?
Max head: 4,5 m
Flow rate: 9500 l/h
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquafort...191684?hash=item2cea7670c4:g:gLEAAOSwTpVc3HMm

The flow rate chart of this specific pump is here

03287_ECOMAX_O-6500_SERIE_FILTERPUMPE_1.jpg

As you can se in the chart, the flow rate is down to  about about 4500 L/h at 2,5m lift

pumpSelect.jpg

However you are lifting the water to the top of the growbed (or swirl filter ) and not to the bottom , so you have to a bit more to your total lift (static head) .

There is no hight measurements on the AP-unit in your drawing, but there is one on the barrels in the initial layout (67cm) , so counting the sidepanel boards on the later drawings my guesstimate is ruffly an additional 1m static head. 

So a total of 3,5m static head gives you a max flow of approximately 2200 L/h not counting the dynamic head loss.

cheers