GaryD

Donations Please.

8 posts in this topic

Dr Mark R McMurtry...to whom we all owe a debt of gratitude for making iAVs available to the world...was forced to flee a forest fire that has left his mountaintop retreat in ashes.

He managed to escape with his life, his beloved dogs, a computer and his old Chevy truck...and the clothes that he stood in.

More details available...HERE.

He needs our help...NOW!

https://www.gofundme.com/horseshoe-hills-fire-victom

Edited by GaryD (see edit history)

Yes, a tragedy indeed.
Let us hope vkn and all others whom offer commercial services derived from iAVs can donate generously.

GaryD likes this

17 minutes ago, Toga said:

Yes, a tragedy indeed.
Let us hope vkn and all others whom offer commercial services derived from iAVs can donate generously.

Sent an email to Mark already and hopefully he is able to read and respond to his email.  I am so happy he got evacuated in time unharmed from such a tragedy, disaster and loss.  No words for this huge shock and no one can go back and change what has happened.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the good doctor for a new start.

Hi Mark,

I felt for you when I read about your current circumstances.

My thoughts and feelings go out to you and I wish you all the very best in your efforts to recover.

I don't know what I can do but if there is anything, please ask.

They (whoever they are) have taken everything from but your spirit, dogs, guitars and hard drive...Your spirit lives on and you are a survivor...Once again all the best...

Cheers.

GaryD likes this

3 hours ago, vkn said:

Another way in reaching out Mark with direct financial aid is,

"Use my paypal act at paypal.me/MMcMurtry123

Hi VKN,

As the principal beneficiary of Mark's work, can we rely on you to not only respond with the same generosity that Mark showed to you...but also to spread the word across your Indian network.  They need to know that the man who is most responsible for giving them iAVs needs their help...urgently!

Gary

1 hour ago, bigdaddy said:

Hi Mark,

I felt for you when I read about your current circumstances.

My thoughts and feelings go out to you and I wish you all the very best in your efforts to recover.

I don't know what I can do but if there is anything, please ask.

They (whoever they are) have taken everything from but your spirit, dogs, guitars and hard drive...Your spirit lives on and you are a survivor...Once again all the best...

Cheers.

Hi BD....Mark's attention is understandably elsewhere so I'll respond on his behalf.  He has very little other than the set of clothes he's standing in.  Everything that is needed to live from day to day is now on his wishlist.  The best way to assist him is to send money to his PayPal account... paypal.me/MMcMurtry123.  He can access the money immediately...and begin to put his life back together (for as much as that's possible) in the shortest possible time.

bigdaddy likes this

Hi all,

I am a newbie here and can feel what happened to Dr Mark R McMurtry recently.

I had made the same experience 15 years ago as I left Germany. I was stripped to the bone and left my home country with about 2300$ in my pocket to Thailand to build up a new life. And I was lucky to meet the best wife in the world (for me). She took me aside, gave me shelter and rigged me up by changing me from a jobless and divorced mechanic to a successful offshore consultant. She was teaching me that i should not look at my low education but use my full by mother nature given potential. But she also thought me that the luck comes to you only for the reason to give a little bit forward to others who need luck. In Thailand its a meal for the day, a helping hand, medicine or a smile to people in need. 

BUT, as an expat I have only a debit card to use at ATMs and pay pal I not use for the reason that I am working every year as much possible in the offshore industry to get a solid pension together and more of that I am since 5 years turning every coin to build up a commercial Aquaponics Farm as my days in the offshore are counted in a few years. The bones are asking to retire. 

Hence the Satellite connections on Vessels do not allow any bank transfers or transfers via pay pal.

My favorite way of transfer is Western Union when I am onshore.

Are there any other options to give my share to it, even it is only a little amount I can spare? 

Please provide details because it looks my job here is completed after over 300 days nonstop.  In the coming days I can fly back to my lovely wife. 

Cheers

Will