Strider

Obama vs Trump

8 posts in this topic

The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. Hello, some people think that Obama was a better president than Trump is turning out to be...will be..  Though it is early in his presidency we can compare them none the less at this point.

Economy: 

2008 collapse: Yeah, Obama got a bad economy. But he had 8 years and over 8 trillion dollars to fix it! He failed. Not only did he fail, he delayed what should have been a vibrant economy had he simply did what JFK or even Reagan did. But fiscal conservatives are becoming a dying breed. Trump has done some things right and some things wrong. His stimulus spending is not going to balance the budget or pay down the debt. Why he funded PP is beyond me, he should have vetoed the bill. But he really wanted a military increase and that was the trade he made. Said he would never sign another bill like that and warned Congress he would veto the next one. Good for him, we will see.

DeRegulation: Trump has reversed and cut many Obama era regulations that kept the economy stagnant. Under Obama, corporations could not compete here in America, they were too busy paying high taxes to support the mammoth welfare state Obama approved.

Welfare: Under Trump food stamp recipients have dropped dramatically with some states requiring work to collect and due to the better economy. I predict it will continue to drop and may see some type of Clinton type welfare reform passed. 

Jobs: Jobs in minority communities are up and Job increases rose sharply nation wide under Trump. in fairness, in the last years of Obama, jobs in certain sectors rose too, but minority jobs stayed stagnant. 

Wages, which on avg. actually dropped under Obama are rising under Trump's tax plan. 

GDP: Obama is the only President in history to not have a single year of 3% or higher annual GDP. His average was 1.48%. The annual GDP for his last year was 1.5%. The GDP for 2017, Trump's first year was 2.3%. Many are predicting 3% or more for 2018.

Corporate return: Obama famously said Corporations that moved out of America would never return. He was wrong. Trumps corporate tax cuts to levels closer to the World norm have seen companies return and pledge to build more factories in America. Foreign companies are also investing and bringing more jobs to America. So even as some brick and mortar companies are closing doors due the inability to compete with the Amazons and on line shopping boom, the job growth in other areas is looking promising. 

Foreign Policy:

Obama was weak in foreign policy. He constantly went on apology tours. He pulled US troops out of Iraq prematurely thus allowing ISIS to fill a power void. That is what happens when a President gets a Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing. He starts to believe he can actually change the World with words alone. He released 1.5 billion dollars to Iran, the biggest sponsor of terror in the ME and the World. He signed a terrible Nuclear deal that we cannot verify. There are no spontaneous inspections allowed. He was weak in the face of NorKor who tested ever bigger A bombs and refined their ICBM missile tech to carry those bombs. His immigration policy violated our immigration laws and he unilaterally enacted DACA. something beyond his power as president. 

Trump dealt a severe blow to ISIS. He warned Syria about gas and bombed them when they used gas against their people. Remember Obama's red line comment? Trump has made huge improvements in the NorKor talks with Kim Jong-Un stating he has ceased his missile and nuclear testing. Trump is due to talk to him soon in person. To state this was not due to trump is just ridiculous. Why now, why did it not happen under Obama's presidency, under Clinton, under Bush? Trump has gotten no credit because the MSM and left in America refuse to acknowledge anything positive  he does. Japan's Prime Minister has also credited Trump with NorKor's turn around. Trump has even gotten China to assist with NorKor. Although China is the last one to want to see one united Korea. Pretty impressive. 

Again, still early. But so far, Trump is having some pretty great success stories even if the MSM are not reporting them or downplaying them. 

Obstructionist tactics: 

No president has had to put up with such negative opposition as Trump. The MSM has reported 90% negative. President Carter said Trump has been wrongfully attacked and he never saw anything like it. Think there is no bias? If even a small amount of the things said about Trump were said about Obama the press would be shouting every ism in the book. Not a single democrat voted for the Tax cuts. Many democrat representatives have signed a petition to impeach Trump. Really? For what? Do they know how hard it is to impeach a President to the point of removal from office? Probably not. My own theory is they want him gone because as the corruption of the Obama admin and DNC comes slowly out they are really afraid they may go to prison. And to be honest, there are plenty politicians and administration officials, both democrat and republican, that belong in jail. 

Sure, the Republicans also push back when a Democrat is in power. But it has never been anything like it is now under Trump. The things being said are loony tunes. 

Thanks for hearing me.

Got an opinion, great! Post away.

Yet in October, after the third-quarter figures showed annualized growth of 3%, he wrote me to ask truculently: "Any retraction coming from your article in the spring about Trump 'dreaming if he thinks he can get 3% growth'?"

Over the course of a subsequent email exchange, he added: "Every left wing economist was wrong on growth for 2017." And, "Yes, it is hazardous to read too much into 6 months of data, but wow is this economy sizzling." And, "I'm just surprised that as a 'business' reporter for the LA times you missed the biggest financial story of the last eight years: the Trump moon bounce in the financial markets and the real economy - which is sizzling hot right now after a decade of malaise. ‎But don't feel bad, most in the media and all the liberal economists who you cited missed the call as well."

I asked Moore after Friday's fourth-quarter figure was published if he had any further..

Aufin likes this

Posted (edited)

So I saw something I thought I would never live to see. A North Korean dictator walked across the North Korean Border into South Korea and shook the hand of the S. Korean leader!  Strange things happen when Trump is president. 

Edited by Strider (see edit history)
Old Prospector likes this

Posted (edited)

The media are talking up peace on the Korean peninsula ....Like usual...Jumping the gun way too early....Plenty of things to go right before they are anywhere near peace...And one thing that needs to go right is the North Korean dictator to keep his word...Past experience of both him and his father is they do not keep their word....

We'll have to wait and see if things are looking up there.

"Strange things happen when Trump is president"

That reminded me of this.

"Strange days indeed...Most peculiar momma" 

Not really on topic but here's a little something to lighten up your day.

Cheers.

Edited by bigdaddy (see edit history)

Yes, Un is not someone to trust, all we can do is hope. But I think the economic sanctions by China are hurting him. He feels the discontent at home and is looking to appease the people.  Of course this is just conjecture on my part. But he has gone completely out of character lately and it is a good sign. Much will hinge on the meeting with Trump. I have heard Trump can be disarming with his charm. We will see. Cautiously optimistic. 

“The Obama administration has done more to interfere with our elections than the Russians ever hoped to accomplish. Connect the DOTS. Clapper, Brennon, Comey, McCabe,Lorretta Lynch. Executive, Law, Intelligence, with the leaks to the press by Clapper. All to bring down TRUMP. COUP?” Chuck Woolery.

As more details come out it is clear there was an orchestrated gov attempt to discredit Trump. This is so e serious poop for which those under Obama need to answer. 

Why would Clapper, head of the NDA, leak the fake dossier to CNN? And then get a CNN contract a few months later? 

Why aren’t these deep state criminals being charged? WTF? 

Posted (edited)

Watched the video, and my thoughts are that's all very good to say that except, my understanding of the U.S. which I admit is limited, you can not say what you wish... I'll give you one example and am happy to be corrected...I understand that teachers can not talk about Christianity in schools for fear of being taken to court, plus losing their jobs.

I know in Australia the times are not as free speech as they used to be...The discrimination laws here are tough on what you can and can not say...For instance....One can not say certain things which may offend others...Now we are starting to get very complex, I really don't want to get involved too much there because it will lead to no where...I just try to manovre around these laws, not get to worried about them because that will waste what limited time I have left on this earth and try to have a peaceful, normal life....

Here is something else to lighten up your day...*****WARNING******VERY BAD LANGUAGE ALERT*****

Pretty much sums up things over here too...

And here's something else you may like to watch***Warning***VERY BAD LANGUAGE ALERT***

One may or may not agree with these two characters but I think they sure make you think about things in a different light...Whether the place is ruled by Obama or Trump I think we are still doomed and in the end greed and selfishness will undo everything IMO....

Cheers.

Edited by bigdaddy
Added something (see edit history)

9 hours ago, bigdaddy said:

Watched the video, and my thoughts are that's all very good to say that except, my understanding of the U.S. which I admit is limited, you can not say what you wish... I'll give you one example and am happy to be corrected...I understand that teachers can not talk about Christianity in schools for fear of being taken to court, plus losing their jobs.

I know in Australia the times are not as free speech as they used to be...The discrimination laws here are tough on what you can and can not say...For instance....One can not say certain things which may offend others...Now we are starting to get very complex, I really don't want to get involved too much there because it will lead to no where...I just try to manovre around these laws, not get to worried about them because that will waste what limited time I have left on this earth and try to have a peaceful, normal life....

Here is something else to lighten up your day...*****WARNING******VERY BAD LANGUAGE ALERT*****

Pretty much sums up things over here too...

And here's something else you may like to watch***Warning***VERY BAD LANGUAGE ALERT***

One may or may not agree with these two characters but I think they sure make you think about things in a different light...Whether the place is ruled by Obama or Trump I think we are still doomed and in the end greed and selfishness will undo everything IMO....

Cheers.

“The Obama administration has done more to interfere with our elections than the Russians ever hoped to accomplish. Connect the DOTS. Clapper, Brennon, Comey, McCabe,Lorretta Lynch .Executive, Law, Intelligence, with the leaks to the press by Clapper. All to bring down TRUMP. COUP?”

As more details come out it is clear there was an orchestrated gov attempt to discredit Trump. This is so e serious poop for which those under Obama need to answer. 

Why would Clapper, head of the CIA, leak the fake dossier to CNN? 

Bigdaddy, two very well know youtube videos that have made their rounds on Facebook and other social media. Both have some truth to them. But neither is the whole story. Can schools teach Christianity in schools? Yes. As a subject of our nation’s history and founding. Our Constitution is only great because we derive our individual rights from God. Our founding fathers were Christians, one of which said our Constitutional Republic only works for a moral nation rooted in the belief of God. The great thing about our nation are the 50 sovereign states, which can decide hiw they want to educate their students. Unfortunately much of their power to do so was taken when education was nationalized. The left fights to keep it that way. They are also the ones that use schools as indoctrination centers and sue to keep God out of schools but seem to turn a blind eye when Islam is taught. Go figure. 

There are no limits to free speech in America. But that does not mean you can yell fire in a crowded room and be held blameless for what may happen.  Limiting speech as some EU nations and Australia have done is a very dangerous thing. It is a slipery slope to government abuse of individual rights. Yes, there are many democracies in the World, few enjoy the total freedoms the US does.  

Education. I hear all these claims that the US is behind in education. Yet, technical and industrial advancements come out of the US at record paces. Apple, Facebook, and some of the most advanced technology in fields across the board come out of the US. Not everyone can be a rocket scientist. But you know where education is depressed the most? In our liberal inner cities. Despite throwing billions at the ecucation system they still have major problems. And that is linked to the high crime in inner cities which is linked to the culture which is perpetuated by left wing policies. 

Yes, big money influences our politicians. Why do you think they paniced so much at the prospect of Trump winning? They cant control him. It sent the left and many on the right crazy and they did their best to stop him. We need to hold the politicians accountable. But that is easier said than done when the left uses promises of “gifts” and a strong if not unsustainable welfare system to buy votes. Dont get me started on the class warfare they perpetuate. 

Too much to comment on...to be continued.