Moses

Please help me identify whats wrong with my plant

11 posts in this topic

hello guys, it has been a long time since i updated as i have been busy reading about gardening and plants and things that has been happening around my life.
i am now managing two grow bed, each is about 6000 liter, one is grown with LED and one is grown with sunlight.
however my plant is encountering problem such as the image below, i cant seem to identfy the problem as to what caused such pigmentation damage?

what is this.jpg

Hi Moses

Try this 

cheers

Hi Mr,Ande, thank you so much but i actually tried that app before its just too bad that i didnt see picture with the same problem as above.

Hi again Moses

Maybe you should list some more info ?

Like naming the cultivar, does it happen in both beds (Led/sunlight) and to all plants ?  do the different, beds receive the same water/nutrition/light-hours/temperatures  etc.

The more details you provide, the bigger likelihood someone will pinpoint your problem.

cheers

vkn likes this

I am first trying to figure out what leaf/plant it is.. a pak choi?

Posted (edited)

On 3/25/2018 at 6:54 PM, ande said:

Hi again Moses

Maybe you should list some more info ?

Like naming the cultivar, does it happen in both beds (Led/sunlight) and to all plants ?  do the different, beds receive the same water/nutrition/light-hours/temperatures  etc.

The more details you provide, the bigger likelihood someone will pinpoint your problem.

cheers

Its a pak choi but i dont know what varieties this is, its grown with LED and yes both sun light and led receive the same nutrition with only the difference being the amount of fish, all water parameters is ok. cant really measure the amount of light received, since i do not have PAR meter and Lux meter. Temp of water is the same for both. daytime growbed on outside is considerably hotter while at night time the indoor LED is a little bit warmer.

Edited by Moses (see edit history)

Which aquaponics technique do you follow?  Diagnosing a nutritional problem is not an easy thing to do without knowing it.

I'm not a disease expert.

Have you considered it might be this. 

White rust

What is your pH.  I've found high pH to cause all kinds of problems. 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Ravnis said:

I'm not a disease expert.

Have you considered it might be this. 

White rust

What is your pH.  I've found high pH to cause all kinds of problems. 

that is a blister rust, it should be powdery right? yet mine is not powdery at all, i notice the pigmentation of the leaves change to these color, some people suggest it might be sunburn / frost damage, which i think it might be sunburn. maybe 14 hour on the LED is too much after the leaves has fully grown.

17 hours ago, vkn said:

Which aquaponics technique do you follow?  Diagnosing a nutritional prob

Edited by Moses (see edit history)

I had problems with my LED grow-light burning the leaves of my plants, but I had gone from 12 hours light to 24 hours of light and the plants had grown up and were within 18" of the light.  I raised the light higher and that stopped the burning.  

24 minutes ago, Ravnis said:

I had problems with my LED grow-light burning the leaves of my plants, but I had gone from 12 hours light to 24 hours of light and the plants had grown up and were within 18" of the light.  I raised the light higher and that stopped the burning.  

probably this is what i need to try since the vegetable is not being eaten and it kept growing bigger and taller