Cecil

Anybody else experiencing far above normal

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

temps in the northern hemisphere?  Just doesn't want to cool down much here in the midwest USA.  I would like to move my several hundred trout to a bigger pond that is not fed by borehole water, but can't do it as the water temps are consistently in the upper 60's up to 70's F. (20 to 25 C.) which is quite abnormal for the going on the middle of October. 

Edited by Cecil (see edit history)

Hi Cecil

We'w had above "normal" temps and more rain than "normal", around here for years.

It's the "new normal" I guess.

cheers

Make sense as I'm reading that the northern latitudes are experiencing more warming relatively speaking than farther south. This in turn is causing a lot of buckling in the jet stream which causes record low and highs farther south (extreme troughs and ridges) along with more severe weather when colder than normal air makes contact with warmer than normal air. 

Edited by Cecil (see edit history)

Here I snapped a pic of Common broom in my garden, they usualy flower in June/July (wich they did) it started flowering again 2 weeks ago :( (Sept./Oct.)

fullsizeoutput_3a7.jpegfullsizeoutput_3a1.jpeg

It really sucks when/iff it's happening to the fruit trees, wich it often does in the last 10-15 year

cheers

GOPR9116.JPG

Cecil and bigdaddy like this

Hi Cecil,

We're just coming out of winter in my neck of the woods.

I've notice our mornings were a bit colder then normal with quite a bit more rain. it took a while for the cooler weather to go and it hasn't gone completely, by now we would expect quite a few in fact mostly nice warmer days, but up until now we've just had some with quite a few cooler days.

Our wedding anniversary is coming up this weekend and the reason we chose to get married this time of year, all those years ago, was because of the high probability of getting a nice day and the day we got was superb. If our wedding was this year, the weather would be very much hit and miss. I don't know if this weather is a trend or if it is just happening this year, but already I'm looking forward to many more nice days ahead.

Cheers.

BigDaddy,

I've seen that trend here too. 

1. Seasons seem stuck and don't change when they normally do. 

2. Colder wetter springs.